Travel drive fuel

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Travel drive fuel

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 22:38

Raylak wrote:
Sat, 11. Sep 21, 11:34
In what world does a raptor hold a candle to the Asgard?
One where the Raptor is player flown and the Asguard is AI. Fly behind and then blow it up since most of the Asguard DPS is forwards. All the M flak turrets of the Raptor will strip the L turrets from the Asguard in no time.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 22:57

Raylak wrote:
Sat, 11. Sep 21, 19:57
So what you are saying is 100 S and 30 M ships could massacre an Asgard.

And what's stopping the Asgard having 100 S on intercept and 30 M on attack, combined with it's main beam?

And even if the 100 S and 30 M do manage to bring down the Asgard, I'm pretty sure it's main beam will shred the raptor beforehand, unless you outfitted every one of those ships to be dedicated capital killers.

Hell the Raptor launches it's fighters from it's nose, if it's a head on fight, the Asgard can open fire on the docks and take out a bunch of the fighters as they try to launch.
Eeeeend...I'am back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Z3zxfU8oY :D

Raylak

Post by Raylak » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 05:50

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 11. Sep 21, 22:38
Raylak wrote:
Sat, 11. Sep 21, 11:34
In what world does a raptor hold a candle to the Asgard?
One where the Raptor is player flown and the Asguard is AI. Fly behind and then blow it up since most of the Asguard DPS is forwards. All the M flak turrets of the Raptor will strip the L turrets from the Asguard in no time.
If we are comparing ship power based on player vs AI, then you could kill everything reasonably easily with a single destroyer, possibly even a single M. I'd be curious to see if someone could down an Asgard with just an S but it's probably possible vs AI. Just sit behind the engine till it blows, then whittle it down. Would this mean that an S/M ship is more powerful than a BS?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 17:58

This thread is now apparently about Asgards vs Raptors. Interesting how topics drift over time!

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 19:36

Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 12. Sep 21, 17:58
This thread is now apparently about Asgards vs Raptors. Interesting how topics drift over time!
Yeah...I am partially responsible for that...sorry :( I did start a separate topic tho :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 03:06

I thought we were discussing travel drive fuel and such things, not who can do what with an Asgaard. :roll:

Let's get back on topic, please. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of various ships, that should be done in a separate thread.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 10:09

What if there technology advanced that don't need any kind of fuel? Had unlimited energy to cover that? Had a need of fuel seem like backward primitive civilization!
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 12:06

Wish travel speed do not lower to cruise, where travel mode off...

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 08:14

Oh! And let us manually change speed in travel mode by pressing "W"/"S"! Why ship always set to top speed in travel mode? :sceptic:

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 15:43

S!rAssassin wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 08:14
Oh! And let us manually change speed in travel mode by pressing "W"/"S"! Why ship always set to top speed in travel mode? :sceptic:
That's another issue that I've long wanted. Maybe not using the w/s keys, I would want to manually adjust travel speed using the throttle on my HOTAS.

Return to “X4: Foundations”