Idea: Influence the strength of the Xenon through a questline

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Idea: Influence the strength of the Xenon through a questline

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 23:41

ahh the good old days, I loved it always something to do but im still not convinced that was the deciding factor bc oos had bigger problems with turrets getting destroyed instantly before and they added all kinds of parameters to it, and the dev did confirm they want oos fighting to last long

it just needs more tweaking for things to actually happen as in get destroyed, the whole point is to have a somewhat random universe development and now its all just in a stalemate most of the time

they really need to give that dev time to improve it and not just have him fix individual bugs
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Sound19
x4

Post by Sound19 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 23:41

So.... When folks are sayin xenon aren't strong enough, I wonder if the problem - relative to the behavior we might want - is less globalized, and more about how focused or unfocused their presence and impact is? Because although Xenon are pretty much a non-issue in my own game, where I don't think any actions were taken toward them by anyone, they have little stuff all over the place, accomplishing very little. So while I like the original post's idea, what if a result changes their behavior, for example toward using more tightly focused offensives? Dunno if I favor this or anything, just a thought.

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Wed, 8. Sep 21, 00:23

Wild idea….

Instead of the quest line adding new Xenon or more Xenon why not give the Xenon the ability to hack (cough “assimilate”) NPC fleets already constructed/used?

This will force NPCs to replace “hacked” ships, which drives the military economy and give the Xenon (at least temporarily) new ships across the galaxy to wreak havoc with.

Lots of kinks needs working out in terms of balance but like I said, wild idea! :)

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 08:04

I like the story idea to influence the strength of the Xenon.
You could have an option where you make a deal with them and you stop the war, like other diplomatic missions in the game... Just kidding :-D (or maybe not, you just have to feed them advanced electronics all the time)

Edit: I just finished the Yaki plot and I find one of the option rather interesting regarding this discussion.
Spoiler
Show
I haven't played long enough while choosing "mutually assured destruction" but I think this would be a good approach at strengthening the Xenon. We could be able to put more navigation beacon to bring more Xenon to specific sectors
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Return to “X4: Foundations”