Post your GPU scores - to prep for next gen cpu's I have 1080ti 3080ti 6900xt included

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spookywatcher

Re: Post your GPU scores - to prep for next gen cpu's I have 1080ti 3080ti 6900xt included

Post by spookywatcher » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 18:06

Panos wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 02:25
Wow :gruebel:

That is a lot of data thank you.
My main question is why there is no impact on the 3080Ti except on maxed out settings. :gruebel:
Have you activated NGCC (culling) on Linux when using the 6900XT?
Do you get an orange warning on the 3080Ti or 6900XT when selecting MSAA 4x + and Fog?

Anyone from Egosoft has any idea what is going on? :?
Nah.. I already pulled it back out and put the 3080ti back in. The 6900xt with the right graphics settings was much nicer this time around...but it still was WAY too stuttery still even with some tweaks and Freesync monitor. Plus I wanted to put back the 3080ti for my next set of benchmarks, this time it's going to be all about memory timings, mem speed in relation to cpu clock speed etc etc. This should be a good one.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Post your GPU scores - to prep for next gen cpu's I have 1080ti 3080ti 6900xt included

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 21:00

I checked newegg for GTX 2060 prices, a logical upgrade to my GTX 1060. Lowest price is $654, with $45 shipping.

Nope, no way, not time for an upgrade.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 23:14

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 21:00
I checked newegg for GTX 2060 prices, a logical upgrade to my GTX 1060. Lowest price is $654, with $45 shipping.

Nope, no way, not time for an upgrade.
Go to EVGA queue. You will get a 3060. :)

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 22:04

Skeeter wrote:
Sun, 5. Sep 21, 15:48
does disabling in steams settings under shaders them 2 shader options help with fps in any way?
I wonder if we can run the Vulkan Configurator to find out where there is the issue

https://gpuopen.com/learn/vulkan-best-practice-layer/

:gruebel:

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 5. Oct 21, 13:26

Installed new 21.10.1

No change. 5700XT perf is crippled still.

Any idea if/how can use the new AMD Vulkan profiler to assist Egosoft on finding out why the game perf is crippled on ALL AMD GPUs? :gruebel:

We are now on 2nd month and no respond by devs even if have reported this thread to perf issues discussion.

Tonight I will install new MESA and new AMDVLK with kernel 15.5rc4 and going to test all on Linux too.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 5. Oct 21, 16:41

Yes it would be helpful if ego posted here and said yes we see a issue and are working on it or something. :?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 5. Oct 21, 21:33

Skeeter wrote:
Tue, 5. Oct 21, 16:41
Yes it would be helpful if ego posted here and said yes we see a issue and are working on it or something. :?
Willing to help as tester for free. I have the time and the patience. The latter due to my job as tech analyst and developer for 25 years :lol:

But... :gruebel:

spookywatcher

Post by spookywatcher » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 01:00

anecdotal evidence...

As I have said before the 3080 ti (nvidia in general) is the way to go with X4 vs any AMD gpu for some reason. And full disclosure I have NOT tested what I'm about to write with the 6900xt yet. I've been really busy and scrambling with my job and the recent mandates so I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet with the 6900xt.

But I stumbled across something that I already knew but didn't think that it would be a factor. In Linux the cpu governor defaults to the powersave governor mode. And during testing the clocks on my 6700k show locked in at 4.8 ghz (which is my setting during summer time) even with the default powersave cpu governor active. In powersave mode the cpu will run @ 4.8 ghz and in the overlay I don't see any deviations from 4.8 ghz.

However I just tested changing the pstate to performance mode with the code, this causes all cores to run at max cpu freq all the time:

Code: Select all

echo "performance" | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor
And it appears that the stutter (1% and .01% lows) is much less in all areas. Again.. I have not tested this with the 6900xt yet but being X4 is a mostly cpu bound game I wondered if the 1% and .01% lows would improve if I set the cpu governor to performance. And the problem with space sims is... The 1% and .01% lows are VERY noticable. Not so with first person shooters. And after setting the governor to performance mode by the code mentioned above, all aspects of X4 seem much much smoother.

Now being in the cooler months, I felt comfortable in overclocking a bit more. So first I tried matching my "uncore" (meaning cpu cache etc) to match the cpu clock of 4.8 ghz. It has been at 4.8ghz cpu and 4.7 ghz uncore previously due to voltage required. So now it's 4.8 ghz and 4.8ghz uncore. And I got about 7 fps more in testing and couple with cpu governor of "performance" it's even better. When I clock the cpu to 5.0 ghz and the uncore to 4.8 ghz (I can't get uncore to 5.0 ghz) it's about 10 fps more. And in both cases the "stutter" was significantly better and even more so better when set the cpu governor was set to "performance" mode by the code above. But again...even without the extra overclocks (using my summer overclock of 4.8ghz cpu and 4.7 ghz uncore) it was noticeably smoother.

Hopefully I get some free time and can test with the 6900xt but I think that's more of an amd thing.

So just a heads up. If on linux... set your cpu governor to performance mode by the code above. It'll revert back to powersave after a reboot, so no worries there. There are "fixes" to have it be persistent after reboot, but I don't need that. It's just really easy to open terminal and set it via command line before a gaming session.

** ETA ** I don't know of any way to measure the 1% or .01% lows on Linux. So this is just a "feel" thing.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 09:04

spookywatcher wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 01:00
anecdotal evidence...

As I have said before the 3080 ti (nvidia in general) is the way to go with X4 vs any AMD gpu for some reason. And full disclosure I have NOT tested what I'm about to write with the 6900xt yet. I've been really busy and scrambling with my job and the recent mandates so I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet with the 6900xt.

But I stumbled across something that I already knew but didn't think that it would be a factor. In Linux the cpu governor defaults to the powersave governor mode. And during testing the clocks on my 6700k show locked in at 4.8 ghz (which is my setting during summer time) even with the default powersave cpu governor active. In powersave mode the cpu will run @ 4.8 ghz and in the overlay I don't see any deviations from 4.8 ghz.

However I just tested changing the pstate to performance mode with the code, this causes all cores to run at max cpu freq all the time:

echo "performance" | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor
And it appears that the stutter (1% and .01% lows) is much less in all areas. Again.. I have not tested this with the 6900xt yet but being X4 is a mostly cpu bound game I wondered if the 1% and .01% lows would improve if I set the cpu governor to performance. And the problem with space sims is... The 1% and .01% lows are VERY noticable. Not so with first person shooters. And after setting the governor to performance mode by the code mentioned above, all aspects of X4 seem much much smoother.

Now being in the cooler months, I felt comfortable in overclocking a bit more. So first I tried matching my "uncore" (meaning cpu cache etc) to match the cpu clock of 4.8 ghz. It has been at 4.8ghz cpu and 4.7 ghz uncore previously due to voltage required. So now it's 4.8 ghz and 4.8ghz uncore. And I got about 7 fps more in testing and couple with cpu governor of "performance" it's even better. When I clock the cpu to 5.0 ghz and the uncore to 4.8 ghz (I can't get uncore to 5.0 ghz) it's about 10 fps more. And in both cases the "stutter" was significantly better and even more so better when set the cpu governor was set to "performance" mode by the code above. But again...even without the extra overclocks (using my summer overclock of 4.8ghz cpu and 4.7 ghz uncore) it was noticeably smoother.

Hopefully I get some free time and can test with the 6900xt but I think that's more of an amd thing.

So just a heads up. If on linux... set your cpu governor to performance mode by the code above. It'll revert back to powersave after a reboot, so no worries there. There are "fixes" to have it be persistent after reboot, but I don't need that. It's just really easy to open terminal and set it via command line before a gaming session.

** ETA ** I don't know of any way to measure the 1% or .01% lows on Linux. So this is just a "feel" thing.
Cheers :)

Btw have you activated SAM and culling with the 6900XT on Linux in the environmental variables?

RADV_PERFTEST=sam,nggc
Optional at the command line parameter for the game add radeonsi_enable_sam=true

To make sure it runs after the restart

AMD_DEBUG=info glxinfo | grep vram
If

vram_vis_size
is equal to your

vram_size
then sam is enabled and working.

FYI since you are doing a lot of testing and fiddling have a look here
https://gazoche.xyz/fps-overlays-on-linux.html

The Mesa Vulkan overlay section as is the one running in Vulkan and has a nice option to extract the log into file.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 13:03

spookywatcher wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 01:00
anecdotal evidence...
I was looking for something irrelevant and this came to my attention.

Look at Basemark Vulkan chart. Is matches the perf differences we see in X4 Foundations eg 5700XT vs 1080Ti

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/r ... ew,23.html

However that doesn't reflect on games like RDR2 (is same on all other Vulkan games)

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/a ... ew,10.html

So it seems, there is somewhere Egosoft might be able to ask help from AMD to improve the perf. :gruebel:

spookywatcher

Post by spookywatcher » Sat, 6. Nov 21, 15:45

Panos wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 09:04

Btw have you activated SAM and culling with the 6900XT on Linux in the environmental variables?

RADV_PERFTEST=sam,nggc
Optional at the command line parameter for the game add radeonsi_enable_sam=true

If

vram_vis_size
is equal to your

vram_size

The Mesa Vulkan overlay section as is the one running in Vulkan and has a nice option to extract the log into file.
I haven't done that yet. I just put the 6900xt back in yesterday and I wanted to pass along some findings with the 6900xt that caused me to put it back in.

First the 6900xt has always been my first choice but due to several reasons it went back on the shelf. #1 The micro stutter was insane. #2 My only monitor with freesync gives me eyestrain in normal use but is tolerable in gaming. #3 The performance in raw FPS compared to the 3080ti.

Well, I pretty much solved those issues (for the most part) well enough that the 6900xt is back in as the daily driver.

How I fixed the micro stutter:
As usual I did a fresh install of my prefered distro linux mint 20.2 edge. did a "sudo apt update". Great 6900xt is working drivers are working etc..but there are several more steps that need to be taken for a good experience.
#1 to enable freesynce it must be enabled in a .conf

sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-radeon.conf
add these lines to the conf

Section "Device"
  Identifier "AMD"
  Driver "amdgpu"
  # 8-bit or 10-bit colors 24 or 30
  # Using 10-bit breaks Chromium and Chrome
  # DefaultDepth    24
  # Option "TearFree" "1"
  Option "VariableRefresh" "true"
EndSection
save and exit. The problem was still that game play was stutter city. Really not a fun experience. It didn't get good until I made a few more changes.

Next edit grub:

sudo nano /etc/default/grub
add amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffffffff after quiet splash so your grub looks something like this:

# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
# For full documentation of the options in this file, see:
#   info -f grub -n 'Simple configuration'

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffffffff"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

# Uncomment to enable BadRAM filtering, modify to suit your needs
# This works with Linux (no patch required) and with any kernel that obtains
# the memory map information from GRUB (GNU Mach, kernel of FreeBSD ...)
#GRUB_BADRAM="0x01234567,0xfefefefe,0x89abcdef,0xefefefef"

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
#GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"
What this does is unlock powerlimits etc. Now update grub with:

sudo update-grub
Reboot. Still not quite done. Next go to settings-> general-> and turn ON "Disable compositing for full-screen windows"
Still not done.
Next install CoreCtrl (do this at your own risk I haven't looked through his code you can still control overclocks and power limits via command line if you choose) https://gitlab.com/corectrl/corectrl
Just follow how to add the ppa and install. I HIGHLY recommend DELETING the PPA after you install CoreCtrl. Because if you don't and do a sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade with that PPA enabled it breaks AMD GPU fan monitoring. So just add the ppa do a sudo apt update then sudo apt install corectrl then delete the ppa right away.
Now open CoreCtrl (it'll ask for admin rights) click on "Global Profile" and change "Performance Mode" : "Automatic" drop down to "advanced" and move the sliders for clocks mem and power all the way to the right. Then change "ventilation" drop down to manual or fixed or curve...whatever you want to keep your fans and card temps in check. Then click apply in the upper right corner.

Now finally...almost. Confirm your monitor has freesync enabled. Launch X4. In graphics settings set your preferences for what you like...except do not enable vsync (that will introduce latency). Launch the game and finally there you have it. Incredibly silky smooth game play. At my preferred graphics settings the 6900xt is about 10 fps slower than the 3080ti in the menu screen. However...I'm ALWAYS cpu limited during actual gameplay so the FPS is the same for both the 6900xt and the 3080ti. The difference is the 1% and .1% lows! This is where it really is an incredible difference.

I don't have a way to actually measure those lows in linux with freesync and or gsync enabled and working but you can definitely see them in the game. Normally I do all visual testing in the starting sector of Young Gun start. I have two saves one by the equipment dock and one by the asteroid field.

If you disable the cockpit and use the arrow key to keep turning either left or right...you'll clearly see any stutters. And on the 3080ti those stutters were DEEP and bothersome. Those stutters were also present in windows install. But when it wasn't stuttering it was gsync smooth.

The 6900xt however...with all the rigamarow done above is substantially smoother on those 1% and .1% lows. Night and day kind of difference. So I'm very glad I got the card actually wanted (6900xt) to play nice and the way it should. Just took some doing. As for my primary viewing monitor and not having freesync... I just disable it before I launch the game and that of course sends everything over to the second monitor which does have freesync. By the way..You have to do that anyways because freesync and even gsync wont work on dual monitors even if both have same specs and both have freesync. Linux needs to "flip" and can't do that unless it's fullscreen and on one monitor. At least I haven't found any other way.

Anyway...very long rant. Hope it helps someone. As a side note, I'll be skipping Alderlake testing and will just wait for Zen 3 3D stack I think. Looking forward to that and that testing.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sat, 6. Nov 21, 18:57

spookywatcher wrote:
Sat, 6. Nov 21, 15:45
Panos wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 09:04

RADV_PERFTEST=sam,nggc

If

vram_vis_size
is equal to your

vram_size

I haven't done that yet. I just put the 6900xt back in yesterday and I wanted to pass along some findings with the 6900xt that caused me to put it back in.

First the 6900xt has always been my first choice but due to several reasons it went back on the shelf. #1 The micro stutter was insane. #2 My only monitor with freesync gives me eyestrain in normal use but is tolerable in gaming. #3 The performance in raw FPS compared to the 3080ti.

Well, I pretty much solved those issues (for the most part) well enough that the 6900xt is back in as the daily driver.

How I fixed the micro stutter:
As usual I did a fresh install of my prefered distro linux mint 20.2 edge. did a "sudo apt update". Great 6900xt is working drivers are working etc..but there are several more steps that need to be taken for a good experience.
#1 to enable freesynce it must be enabled in a .conf

sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-radeon.conf
add these lines to the conf

Section "Device"
  Identifier "AMD"
  Driver "amdgpu"
  # 8-bit or 10-bit colors 24 or 30
  # Using 10-bit breaks Chromium and Chrome
  # DefaultDepth    24
  # Option "TearFree" "1"
  Option "VariableRefresh" "true"
EndSection
save and exit. The problem was still that game play was stutter city. Really not a fun experience. It didn't get good until I made a few more changes.

Next edit grub:

sudo nano /etc/default/grub
add amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffffffff after quiet splash so your grub looks something like this:

# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
# For full documentation of the options in this file, see:
#   info -f grub -n 'Simple configuration'

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffffffff"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

# Uncomment to enable BadRAM filtering, modify to suit your needs
# This works with Linux (no patch required) and with any kernel that obtains
# the memory map information from GRUB (GNU Mach, kernel of FreeBSD ...)
#GRUB_BADRAM="0x01234567,0xfefefefe,0x89abcdef,0xefefefef"

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
#GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"
What this does is unlock powerlimits etc. Now update grub with:

sudo update-grub
Reboot. Still not quite done. Next go to settings-> general-> and turn ON "Disable compositing for full-screen windows"
Still not done.
Next install CoreCtrl (do this at your own risk I haven't looked through his code you can still control overclocks and power limits via command line if you choose) https://gitlab.com/corectrl/corectrl
Just follow how to add the ppa and install. I HIGHLY recommend DELETING the PPA after you install CoreCtrl. Because if you don't and do a sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade with that PPA enabled it breaks AMD GPU fan monitoring. So just add the ppa do a sudo apt update then sudo apt install corectrl then delete the ppa right away.
Now open CoreCtrl (it'll ask for admin rights) click on "Global Profile" and change "Performance Mode" : "Automatic" drop down to "advanced" and move the sliders for clocks mem and power all the way to the right. Then change "ventilation" drop down to manual or fixed or curve...whatever you want to keep your fans and card temps in check. Then click apply in the upper right corner.

Now finally...almost. Confirm your monitor has freesync enabled. Launch X4. In graphics settings set your preferences for what you like...except do not enable vsync (that will introduce latency). Launch the game and finally there you have it. Incredibly silky smooth game play. At my preferred graphics settings the 6900xt is about 10 fps slower than the 3080ti in the menu screen. However...I'm ALWAYS cpu limited during actual gameplay so the FPS is the same for both the 6900xt and the 3080ti. The difference is the 1% and .1% lows! This is where it really is an incredible difference.

I don't have a way to actually measure those lows in linux with freesync and or gsync enabled and working but you can definitely see them in the game. Normally I do all visual testing in the starting sector of Young Gun start. I have two saves one by the equipment dock and one by the asteroid field.

If you disable the cockpit and use the arrow key to keep turning either left or right...you'll clearly see any stutters. And on the 3080ti those stutters were DEEP and bothersome. Those stutters were also present in windows install. But when it wasn't stuttering it was gsync smooth.

The 6900xt however...with all the rigamarow done above is substantially smoother on those 1% and .1% lows. Night and day kind of difference. So I'm very glad I got the card actually wanted (6900xt) to play nice and the way it should. Just took some doing. As for my primary viewing monitor and not having freesync... I just disable it before I launch the game and that of course sends everything over to the second monitor which does have freesync. By the way..You have to do that anyways because freesync and even gsync wont work on dual monitors even if both have same specs and both have freesync. Linux needs to "flip" and can't do that unless it's fullscreen and on one monitor. At least I haven't found any other way.

Anyway...very long rant. Hope it helps someone. As a side note, I'll be skipping Alderlake testing and will just wait for Zen 3 3D stack I think. Looking forward to that and that testing.
Manjaro 21.x comes with everything pre configured. By using a 20.x version of any Linux distro it won't have the latest stuff for the RDNA2.
For CoreCtrl to work needs amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffffffff mask

After that adding
RADV_PERFTEST=sam

Since you have 6000 series try
RADV_PERFTEST=sam,ngcc
RADV_FORCE_VRS=2x2
RADV_DEBUG=novrsflatshading

With VRS 2x2 you might gain up to 30% higher FPS because you order MESA not to render what you cannot see. Something Nvidia is doing it by default on Linux.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 7. Nov 21, 14:46

Skeeter wrote:
Tue, 5. Oct 21, 16:41
Here we are 2 months later no word :(

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 20:26

So egosoft, we have giving you some samples in hopes to get some amd optimizations to come in x4 so performance we hope gets more inline with nvidia on x4, has it helped you track anything down yet and can we be assured it is being looked into actively? @cbj @bernd ?
[ external image ]

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 19:01

Skeeter wrote:
Sun, 16. Jan 22, 20:26
So egosoft, we have giving you some samples in hopes to get some amd optimizations to come in x4 so performance we hope gets more inline with nvidia on x4, has it helped you track anything down yet and can we be assured it is being looked into actively? @cbj @bernd ?
Following your suggestion run the game with the settings on the first page now I have the 5900X and the 22.1 drivers

5700XT = 80 fps regardless if the ships/spire show 
No difference compared to September 2021 with 21.9 drivers and SAM activation with the 3900X

5700XT = 81 fps when the spire & ships appear, 83 fps otherwise
And August 2021 with 3900X and no SAM and 21.8 drivers

5700XT = 70 fps when the spire & ships appear, 80 fps otherwise
There is a huge perf drop using AMD GPUs and even have tried with the profiler cannot find why a similar GPU is 40% faster (GTX1080Ti) and had no responce from CBJ or Bernd all those months yet.

Skeeter, how's your 6700XT is holding?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 19:28

Kinda hoped with the new cpu u got ur fps would have went up alot tho im not sure the 3900 would have held ur gpu back but still if it had the 5950x then it wouldnt have and expected more fps if ur gpu was being limited by the 3900 but seems it wasnt. Shame.

My 6700xt is about the same i think not tested again tho yet, but i dunno if new drivers or not but on a heavy station low 37 fps was a bit smoother when on a station moving the mouse to look about which is where i usually feel the lag. Strange tho cos if u stand still and just watch ship traffic and not move the mouse to look around the ships flying seem smooth, its mainly when u move the mouse or move as in walking where u feel the lag usually. Thats what irks me the most.
[ external image ]

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 20:37

Skeeter wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 19:28
Kinda hoped with the new cpu u got ur fps would have went up alot tho im not sure the 3900 would have held ur gpu back but still if it had the 5950x then it wouldnt have and expected more fps if ur gpu was being limited by the 3900 but seems it wasnt. Shame.

My 6700xt is about the same i think not tested again tho yet, but i dunno if new drivers or not but on a heavy station low 37 fps was a bit smoother when on a station moving the mouse to look about which is where i usually feel the lag. Strange tho cos if u stand still and just watch ship traffic and not move the mouse to look around the ships flying seem smooth, its mainly when u move the mouse or move as in walking where u feel the lag usually. Thats what irks me the most.
The 5900X has greatly improve perf on this game but not on the GPU bound scenario.

brevi
x4

Post by brevi » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 19:29

Okay, ok... WTH am I doing wrong?! I'm running a 3080ti and 8700k with same ram but I can't even get more than 60 fps at the same res as OP (with lower graph-settings and latest Win10 and graph-driver updates).

My game is modded to hell and back tho but I don't know if that should make a deference between hundreds of fps.

WTH am I doing wrong??!!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 22:09

brevi wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 19:29
My game is modded to hell and back tho but I don't know if that should make a deference between hundreds of fps.

WTH am I doing wrong??!!
Your game is "modded to hell and back" which can easily make the difference between hundreds of FPS. For comparisons to be valid you must run the test conditions in an unmodified state, as the topic creator did.

Some mods are script heavy or increase the complexity of the universe substantially which will impact performance. Even playing with or without DLC is likely to impact the performance, however I can only assume the topic creator was playing with DLC as it seems people generally assume all DLCs for such tests.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 00:11

brevi wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 19:29
Okay, ok... WTH am I doing wrong?! I'm running a 3080ti and 8700k with same ram but I can't even get more than 60 fps at the same res as OP (with lower graph-settings and latest Win10 and graph-driver updates).

WTH am I doing wrong??!!
You test menu screen with the setting yes?

Return to “X4: Foundations”