X4 Station Design Contest (Voting Phase)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Re: X4 Station Design Contest

Post by grapedog » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 17:17

Split Themed Baby Foo.... i mean drug complex.

Designed with the old editor, this one of the first times I tried an all Split design. Really fell in love with using Split pieces for designs after this station. This was also one of the first times I tried using Defensive pieces for regular designs. The SPL defense 3 way gives them a bit more design flexibility than just using their normal building pieces.

This one looks like a jumble, and it kind of is... but it's fun as hell to fly around and through. It has solar panels placed for max sunlight, and it produces all the drugs. Spaceweed, Spacefuel, Maja Dust, and Stimulants. It's crazy how much the Commonwealth races will pay for Stimulants, they really really like that stuff.

First
Second
Third
Fourth

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 17:28

Design for the Sacrosanct Enclave, for the Paranid Unification.

I know the Paranid are fans of the number 3, so I tried to work that into my design.

First
Second
Third
Fourth

Tarazu
xr

Post by Tarazu » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 17:43

I love the split, so in my game they gained the ability to build gateway stations.

Welcome to Split territory!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DI6zXJ ... sp=sharing

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 20:07

click for more images and description*

When it became clear after the reconnection of the gate network that standard Orbital Supply Nodes were inadequate to maintain a network of supply logistics in hostile territory far from the safety of Sol, Terran High Command devised the Fleet Ordnance Bastion to take their place. Heavily armed and shielded, this behemoth of an outpost is only marginally less efficient than an ordinary Orbital Supply Node with a greatly optimised footprint. Built in an inverse Reuleaux triangle, its defensive modules provide seamless turret coverage while providing visual and kinetic shielding to each of the three docking bays. Unlike its predecessor its operation is fully autonomous, with two large arcology spheres nestled in its centre providing all needs and creature comforts for more than 15,000 personnel.
* (expand gallery for planning layout)

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 20:38

(finally possible with precision thanks to environment being shown in the designer - wish it were possible to accurately deploy for a custom game start though!)

click for more images and description

Utilising research data from the Terran Jump Gate Initiative these defensive structures connect directly to existing jump gates, siphoning an incidental amount of energy from the structure to power an impressive arsenal of point defence weaponry. Quickly devised fearing another Xenon incursion into Terran space following the reactivation of the jump gates, the proven success of the Ring Gate Defence has led to calls for broader expansion across known jump gates where political tensions allow.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 20:42

Tarazu wrote:
Sun, 26. Sep 21, 17:43
I love the split, so in my game they gained the ability to build gateway stations.

Welcome to Split territory!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DI6zXJ ... sp=sharing
Awesome
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Vertiseas Seralman
x4

Post by Vertiseas Seralman » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 20:54

The Shattered Forge

Once intended to be a joint effort between Argon and Teladi, the project fell short of expected returns. Without monetary incentive, the Teladi stopped supplying the teladianium that maintained the station’s core structure. The Forge’s final fate was marked by a stray asteroid impacting the once mighty station, sending it into its swan song as it is seen now.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Full Album

Vertiseas Seralman
x4

Post by Vertiseas Seralman » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 20:58

Argon Cityscape

Modeled from the sprawling cities found across Argon Prime, the station architects designed a home away from home, filled with bustling passageways and a maze of structures for the adventuring spacefarer to explore.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Full Album

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 22:15

Last one:
Split HQ "The Dragon"
...we need larger construction sites, 20km is not enough :oops:
Image Image Image Image

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 05:09

Teladi Themed - Teladi Product Complex, selling all the Teladi manufactured wares.

Using the new design style, saves a lot of room being able to build on both the top and bottom of connectors. Turning modules sideways, upside down... so much more freedom, love it. Solar panels are much easier play with now too to get max sunlight. Built in sections with the bottom for food, and the middle for production. The top level is all housing, to keep the workers away from the nasty manufacturing when they're not on duty.

First
Second
Third
Fourth

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 11:33

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false

City of Terran Station in the Asteroid Belt
30 Power Cell (I know, I forgot about Asteroid belt had a bad sunlight! What is done is done, I can't undone it)
4 terran Mre, 7 Medical Supplies, 1 Computronic Substrate, 3 Protein Paste, 1 Metallic Micolattice, 1 Silicon Carbide, 1 Stimulant, 15, or 16 Large Living Quarters, I think.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 29. Sep 21, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversize images -> links.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sun, 3. Oct 21, 11:03

I'm sorry, but did I miss something? The design submission deadline was a week ago.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 3. Oct 21, 11:17

Voting Deadline: TBA

Other than that, this threat hadn't locked or something, I guess they might think number of submission (difference people rather than same people that number of submission) not enough number of people, so they may wait and see more people to submission, rather "a more like guidelines than actual rules" but who know yet no news about this one, so far, unless they changed mind. I recall, there is time x2 the threat and X3, there was very busy people posting left and right on this egosoft forum, but many year later, it's much slower, very much slower than before or used to be.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Sun, 3. Oct 21, 11:54

There was a short info in the German Forum. Currently, the five finalists are being determined. They should actually be determined by the end of this week. But no guarantee. I think next week at the latest there will be a result. :wink:
Gregory wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 15:11
xant wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 15:26
@Gregory
Wann können wir denn grob mit der nächsten Phase rechnen?
Wir stimmen uns aktuell ab zur Festlegung der Top 5, über die wir die Community dann abstimmen lassen. Ich denke mal, dass wir spätestens zum Ende der Woche hin die Abstimmung starten können. Ketraar wird euch wissen lassen, sobald es weitergehen kann :) Es gab so viele tolle Einsendungen, das macht es uns nicht einfach :mrgreen:
Gregory wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 13:02
Jetzt nagel mich da bitte nicht so drauf fest :wink: Wir haben unsere Darstellungspläne für die Finalisten und das Voting noch etwas verändert, daher noch etwas mehr Aufwand. Aber wir sind dran :thumb_up:
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 3. Oct 21, 15:11

TVCD wrote:
Sun, 3. Oct 21, 11:54
There was a short info in the German Forum. Currently, the five finalists are being determined. They should actually be determined by the end of this week. But no guarantee. I think next week at the latest there will be a result. :wink:
Thanks for the update!
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 4. Oct 21, 10:03

We are now ready, the 5 finalists have been chosen. But first I would like to thank all for partecipating. There are a lot of very good designs, which made it difficult to choose 5. It's great to see how creative the X community continues to be and what you can create with the station editor.

But now to the 5 finalists, which are (in alphabetical order)
  • errorname1002
  • GCU Grey Area
  • Repli
  • -=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
  • Vertiseas Seralman
You can watch the designs in the following video and below that the link to the poll which will end in a week.
:arrow: Video showcasing the 5 finalists

:arrow: Poll to vote

Good luck to the finalists and thanks again to everyone for taking part.

MFG

Ketraar

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 4. Oct 21, 11:19

I voted Vertiseas Seralman, cuz the other ones are just "lets slab everything together" monsters.

His design, is actually restrained and elegant, while still stylish.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 4. Oct 21, 12:44

The biggest winners are definitly the artists behind the Terran modules, seeing that they are solely used in most designs. :D

All of them are very interesting in their own way. Some have creative ideas, others were probably super hard to make. :) My respect goes to to all of them, but at the end I voted for the most beautiful one in my eyes. :)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 4. Oct 21, 12:57

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 4. Oct 21, 11:19
I voted Vertiseas Seralman, cuz the other ones are just "lets slab everything together" monsters.
Dont think its fair tbh, all seam to have some thought behind it I find, none of the submitted designs had the feeling of "stuff slapped together" imho and all would have been "valid" options to get to the finals, but alas we had to choose 5. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations”