Suggestions for Pirate DLC

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

humility925
x4

Re: Suggestions for Pirate DLC

Post by humility925 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 08:56

SpaceCadet11864 wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 16:59
humility925 wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 09:30
I was hoping boron, but Not sure, I forgot,

As for player's trader a.i ship always losing to pirate, once pirate attacked them, yes, I know it's frustrated and very tense, pirate often had faster, more combat, more number than trader ship do, I did warned about this when we was talking about jumpdrive is more helpeful than harm to removed it and along with game over screen as well to avoid it.
unfortunately, some don't listen to reason or think without jumpdrive is better but not. I know jumpdrive help trader ship to combat danger zone since trader ship lack of speed, bigger target, less firepower and cost more than combat ship for size even. Oh, well, it's been kind of fall on deaf ear.

Trader ship had no way out of forced combat zone and are petty much screwed, only hope to had jumpdrive to away from forced combat, unless trader ship got huge buff of speed, firepower, hull, shield to beat pirate combat ship, that is, after all, trader ship is costly than combat, and it's cheap to destroy all those lot of credit.
Are you saying that your trader ships are all dying to pirates in your current game?
I was saying once trader ship in combat with pirate, they stand no chance with no way out.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 09:36

I believe that when fleeing they are meant to drop laser towers as a distraction, if so equipped. This does not appear to work very well anymore, though, and I find myself having to make them do it manually. Their chances are still better if the ship has a high base speed though as the towers don't survive very long in OOS combat.
***modified***

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 09:43

Also, we need to expand illegal missions, such as transport person with troubles with police or illegal goods from A to B.

In this case, we need special upgrades for ships, witch add to ship cargo a secret storage (quality of this upgrade should lower chance of uncover by police).

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 17:07

A suggestion that I made a long time ago when I was giving reasons for adding more internal rooms to ships would be to add a hackable engine room to ships that are docked. Then you walk on board and hack the engine room and take control of the ship. Real piracy, not some stand off boarding operation that you don't actualy participate in. But as usual I was given the same old story.....Ego soft is a small company with no time to develope rooms, or the ever present people don't want to go to rooms on a ship without a reason, yet they seem to believe people perfer to go to a crafting bench and play mini crafting games.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 17:15

That is life. Individuals have individual preferences.

Nonetheless, I really like the idea with turning/hacking a ships engines at least off.
And I throw my idea in, to be able to hack yourself a docking permission. So you can land on enemy ships. :D

Or.. a pirate cover for players. Maybe ship-ids are 1 time use and have to be bought at a pirate station :)

Being able to land on enemy ships and stations is crucial imo.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 17:42

I would like to see the ability to salvage and repurpose loot and ships. Of course a marauder default order so you can pirate like the NPCs do. Bounty Hunters that hunt you or your assets down if you pirate too much. Pirate themed ships which are not that good but very cheap, possibly able to be made with large resource discounts directly from other ships. An improvement to the ship modification system, such as being able to reduce the RNG aspect of it for a cost or as a reward. Also special illegal "ultimate" equipment which cannot be mass produced and is insanely costly/time consuming to make but is pretty much best in slot (no weaknesses). Also a revise of the SCA economy so they no longer magic argon and teladi destroyers into existence and instead use pirate themed destroyers (possibly a free bonus for non-DLC players, with more variations and associated mechanics being behind the DLC).

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 08:03

And one more thing :D

Maybe create EM-missile Mk2? Will produced by pirates, and used by them. EM-missile Mk2 will be not so fast as Mk1 and disable travel drive of target, similar Mk1, but it also disable cruise drive for a while!

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 06:48

Patch 5.0 is coming! Capital ships are facelifted! But... only facelift?
S!rAssassin wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 18:17
...we need more interiors to ships! Give us wardroom! Give us captain office and bedroom! Give us passage with illuminators!

Make capital ships more immersive, more alive!
Stations needs more interiors as well! Have walk at foot and look out the window... I missing that.

SirBerrial
x4

Post by SirBerrial » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 07:51

Station states and having those station states impact station productivity, as well as ways to impact said states.

That would give us a use for illegal wares as well - if everyone on the station is higher than Torus Segment 420, that station would not be very productive.

Return to “X4: Foundations”