UI Options - Resolved.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faendalimas

UI Options - Resolved.

Post by Faendalimas » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 22:04

Hi my first post here. I have been enjoying this game immensely. If this is already possible please tell me how. But one thing I was wondering if could be added to the game is some function to change some of the fonts, or UI scale a bit. I do not have the best vision in the world and slightly larger fonts are easier for me to read. So was hoping some capacity to scale the fonts in the various boxes could be added. I would rather not do this with a mod. Some games are doing this these days and its usually in the setup where you can scale the UI fonts with a slider or something similar. I realise I can probably use resolution to do the same but I do like the panoramic views just was wondering if the text can be bigger if I want. Cheers.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: UI Options

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 22:29

There is an in-game UI scaling setting - maybe try 1.5 or 2 if that does not make the game look too bad for you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 14:06

I guess that it would be nice for the UI scale option to be very first option displayed for new game installation, even before main menu.
With a live preview on slider movement.
And with a hint where to find the option in the settings later.
:)
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Faendalimas

Post by Faendalimas » Fri, 6. Aug 21, 03:06

Thanks for the replies. I went with a 1.4 adjustment and this brought the font to a size I can read quickly without struggling without any real impact on the layout. I have a hard time with really small fonts, so appreciate that this is so easy in this game. Cheers.

Return to “X4: Foundations”