[Suggestion] Show the speaker icon on the main view when a captain is speaking

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MegaJohnny
x4

[Suggestion] Show the speaker icon on the main view when a captain is speaking

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 15:52

When a ship captain (or, I guess, any crew member?) is speaking a voice line, the ship's icon gets a little speaker icon attached to it, both in the map menu, and in the gravidar. However, it's not always easy to spot the ship in the gravidar/menu before the voice line is over - so I think it would also be nice to have the speaker icon on the ship's targeting brackets in the main view.

Optionally, when a ship is speaking, it could also prioritise that ship so its targeting brackets are definitely rendered.

It's just a thing to help awareness a bit, but a few examples of ships I'd like to locate quickly:
  • Ships "requesting immediate backup" (maybe a chance to hunt some enemies!)
  • Player-owned ships calling for help (so I can see how endangered they are)
  • Enemies that are targeting me personally (i.e. subtitles are white, not grey)
And I guess that's it! :)

oddible
x4

Re: [Suggestion] Show the speaker icon on the main view when a captain is speaking

Post by oddible » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 01:33

There could be a lot of improvements made to the notification system. Not everything shows up in the log either - or if it does it doesn't show the ship name / id nor the sector that the problem happened either.

Falcrack
x4

Re: [Suggestion] Show the speaker icon on the main view when a captain is speaking

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 01:59

What I think should happen, is that the text for the chat message should indicate who is speaking, and who is the recipient. For example:

Ares XKD-475 to Eclipse Vanguard KCY-482: Prepare to die!

This way, we would have much better situational awareness as to who is speaking and what is going on.

Return to “X4: Foundations”