No guilds or war missions for plot created factions?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

No guilds or war missions for plot created factions?

Post by Axeface » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 03:00

I just did the Paranid plot and was a little let down to find that my HOP vs PAR, PAR vs HOP and ARG vs HOP war mission subscriptions all disappeared and no replacement has appeared?
Same for Split too, I believe their were ZYA vs ARG missions, but now those are gone too since I completed the plot. Also, only ANT and Teladi have guilds?
Would be really nice if some could be added, because it makes doing the plots reduce my mission options substantially (unless im missing something).

Edit: ALSO, as the guilds/war subscriptions disappeared there is no longer any way to get the paintmods that are normally rewarded from these things. For example "Leap of Faith" from HOP.
Suggestion, award us the paintmods we will no longer have access to as default paints once plots are complete, or add them to the rewards of other missions.
Last edited by Axeface on Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:58, edited 2 times in total.

DARCA1213
x4

Re: No guilds or war missions for plot created factions?

Post by DARCA1213 » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 03:25

*Spoiler*

I thought the game made it pretty clear (Dal busta), that the outcome of the plot for paranid and split would lead to less or more war. obviously given that theraces are reunited for the paranid they cannot be at war with each other, and GOD was never at war with ARG and HOP only warred with them because they were allies of GOD. If you choose the curbs to in the split plot its less war. If you want a different outcome then simply make a different choice and listen to Dal, its as designed.
There should be more guild plots to signify other types of missions than war ones though, even TRI vs. Xenon. I see your point there.
DARCA ;)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 03:37

DARCA1213 wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 03:25
If you want a different outcome then simply make a different choice and listen to Dal, its as designed.
There should be more guild plots to signify other types of missions than war ones though, even TRI vs. Xenon. I see your point there.
Im not asking for war missions where there is no war :roll:
Spoiler
Show
I have made tri at war with everyone, chose patriarchy, terran conflict. I chose all the war options and have... actually now that I think about it, I dont think I have a single war subscription anymore.
And where is Teladi vs Xenon, ZYA vs Xenon? etc

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 06:32

I think most guild mission rewards are obsolete by the time you can complete the plot missions. My guess is the increased ship demand from the new warring factions was meant to be a nice enough perk to not care about losing missions, however the nerf to player shipyards in later patches kind of ruined that.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 08:04

Clownmug wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 06:32
I think most guild mission rewards are obsolete by the time you can complete the plot missions.
Exceptional this and that are only from Guilds and Ventures?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 13:14

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 08:04
Clownmug wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 06:32
I think most guild mission rewards are obsolete by the time you can complete the plot missions.
And seminars... I do missions all the time, they are far from obsolete.

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:08

jlehtone wrote:
For me they're so rare as rewards they may as well not exist outside ventures.
Axeface wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 13:14
If you're at the point of completing plot missions wouldn't you have a ton of trained pilots already? Also with plots out of the way you'd probably move on to the terraforming missions and gain better training options.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:32

Clownmug wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:08
Frequency is subjective, but between ARG-HOP, HOP-ARG, and HOP-PAR Guilds (that all offer in Second Contact) somebody seems to always offer.
Except those Weapon Chambers, which seem more rare and always have a chain too long for me to bother.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:36

Clownmug wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:08
jlehtone wrote:
Axeface wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 13:14
If you're at the point of completing plot missions wouldn't you have a ton of trained pilots already? Also with plots out of the way you'd probably move on to the terraforming missions and gain better training options.
Im not sure what your point is. Its just another way to get seminars. And for the record no, I dont have a ton of trained pilots. A mission takes a minute and gives 3 or 4 star seminars regularly.
Missions are also my only way to get exceptional or rare mods. They also give paintmods.
Not sure why im even explaining this as its pretty irrelevant anyway.

And I just remembered another thing that is no longer possible to collect due to the disappearance of these missions, faction specific paintmods.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 02:05

Also, only ANT and Teladi have guilds?
Pioneers have a trade guild, too.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 1. Sep 21, 05:38

So I did more plots and plot options and unfortunately it does seem that guilds/subscriptions were forgotten for these. For example -
Spoiler
Show
Getting the Paranid to go to war with everyone. No faction involved gets a new subscription for this war. Its a really brutal one and very significant, I feel like this one especially should get missions.
Terran conflict. This is another pretty significant plot result, but no new subscriptions show up.
These are significant changes to the universe that forever vastly change a players game, new subscriptions for these events would be a really good addition.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 1. Sep 21, 15:09

Axeface wrote:
Wed, 1. Sep 21, 05:38
So I did more plots and plot options and unfortunately it does seem that guilds/subscriptions were forgotten for these. For example -
Spoiler
Show
Getting the Paranid to go to war with everyone. No faction involved gets a new subscription for this war. Its a really brutal one and very significant, I feel like this one especially should get missions.
Terran conflict. This is another pretty significant plot result, but no new subscriptions show up.
These are significant changes to the universe that forever vastly change a players game, new subscriptions for these events would be a really good addition.
It makes sense not to have these war missions since these wars are instigated by the player. Otherwise we have the equivalent of the "Contras Scandal" (CIA funding operations against the Contras using money from selling guns to them!!!)...

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 1. Sep 21, 16:21

Hey, we were entirely innocent! Corporations don't start wars, governments start wars! We just provided a little information about what was going on. No, I have no recollection of meeting with that Teladi pirate.

Axeface, I think you're correct.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 1. Sep 21, 22:25

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 1. Sep 21, 15:09
It makes sense not to have these war missions since these wars are instigated by the player. Otherwise we have the equivalent of the "Contras Scandal" (CIA funding operations against the Contras using money from selling guns to them!!!)...
What the player and dal are doing is absolutely scandalous, they even say so. And I really have no idea why it 'makes no sense', the factions dont know its the player pulling the strings.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 06:05

Axeface wrote:
Wed, 1. Sep 21, 22:25
dtpsprt wrote:
What the player and dal are doing is absolutely scandalous, they even say so. And I really have no idea why it 'makes no sense', the factions dont know its the player pulling the strings.
The player and Dal are taking advantage of existing situations (Paranid Civil War and Split internal strife). They don't create conflicts for profit...

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 06:14

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 2. Sep 21, 06:05
Axeface wrote:
Wed, 1. Sep 21, 22:25
dtpsprt wrote:
The player and Dal are taking advantage of existing situations (Paranid Civil War and Split internal strife). They don't create conflicts for profit...
Lol yes they do...
Spoiler
Show
Have you even done the paranid war plot? Dal literally says something like 'This will create a lot of opportunities for profit' when you say you want to make them go to war with everyone. And its not the first time hes said something like that. I dont remember exactly what he said but there are many occasions where he says something along those lines. And what is even your point? Im just asking for missions for these factions...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 11:59

Later wars might have opportunities for profit, but that profit is credits and credits are cheap. At that stage practically worthless. If you are Teladi and prioritize counting your credits, then you love these profitss.

Alas, the non-credit rewards from missions that you can't get with credits do have value too. They are "profit" too and that profit is lost. There is no sane reason why governments would stop using contractors in the new war, i.e. not offer missions any more.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 12:24

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 2. Sep 21, 11:59
There is no sane reason why governments would stop using contractors in the new war, i.e. not offer missions any more.
Agree with this. If new wars start then new war missions should become available. Alternatively, if the universe is moving in a more peaceful direction, would be good if more trade guilds appeared to fill the gap left by the removal of previous war missions (e.g. ARG trade guild appears if the war with HOP ends).

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 13:06

The fact that there is no full spectrum of guild generated mission for both existing and plot factions adds another brick to "placeholder" feeling.

I've been screetching for HOP vs Xenon missions since 1.0.

The whole system should be dynamic - if after border changes the faction border with Xenons, it should offer the vs Xenon guild missions.

In my game S-E Xenons pushed up to PAR capital, but there is no vs Xenon missions for them since they originally doesn't border with them (yet HOP border with Xenon and doesn't have vs Xenons mission either).

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 15:33

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Thu, 2. Sep 21, 12:24
jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 2. Sep 21, 11:59
There is no sane reason why governments would stop using contractors in the new war, i.e. not offer missions any more.
Agree with this. If new wars start then new war missions should become available. Alternatively, if the universe is moving in a more peaceful direction, would be good if more trade guilds appeared to fill the gap left by the removal of previous war missions (e.g. ARG trade guild appears if the war with HOP ends).
This is a huge issue. I made as much war as possible in my game, its amazing. My wharf is working over time, it buys all its resources from the ai, the universe is running like clockwork. I really wonder what happens to players who create peace (probably the majority?) universes.... there needs to be something to counteract this, stagnation will kill their games? Thankfully we got the khaak but they'll only destroy s and ms.

Return to “X4: Foundations”