Suggestion: adaptive time?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

af_2017
x4

Suggestion: adaptive time?

Post by af_2017 » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 22:28

Since there are different types of ships in the game in terms of maneuverability and since the game is a single player game it seems quite possible to have adaptive time to have same constant rotation/turn speed of player controlling ships for the player.

For example we have raptor which turns 3 degrees and lets say some S ship with 60 degrees. With the adaptive time the ships will turn with the same (customizable) speed for the player either stretching or compressing game speed. That is, with the value of 40 degrees, the raptor will turn at 40 / 3 = ~13 times faster and everything around will happen 13 times faster. With the S ship everything will happen 40 / 60 == slightly slower.

Why is that? XL ships turns very slow, that could be personal but this is the reason I leave them for npc pilots since I think that there's no much fun in crawling instead of flying. And also I could be old enough to control superfast S ships...

Thoughts?
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Lord Dakier
x4

Re: Suggestion: adaptive time?

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 22:51

Not sure if it's possible to do, but definitely an absolutely not from me.

There's so much more stuff that needs adding or changing in the game to waste time on something like this.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 08:13

You already have part of that. It is called "SETA".

If your big brick swings at comfy speed, then the gnats around it must zap at mind-boggling speed.
On the other side, would it not be boring, if all ships feel like they fly at same speed?
Not to mention that time must jump when you step up from the chair.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 20:06

Implementing a relative time speed mechanic would obliterate the difference in the "feel" of the various ships. If turning an XL ship felt as zippy as turning a fighter, it would ruin the immersive quality of being on the bridge of your own vessel.

Hard pass.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

Return to “X4: Foundations”