Please make anomalies and data vaults persistent on the map

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Please make anomalies and data vaults persistent on the map

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 14:22

I don't think it makes any sense that these objects are basically "unplottable" on the map. They are static objects. They do not move. In the case of data vaults, why then do they not remain on the map after we have already revealed them on radar once? With anomalies, it would also make sense if they had a map icon, so we could revisit them?

I know the answer many would give, which is "just place a nav beacon". But many times these are revealed by NPC controlled ships, or they pass unnoticed. That spot of space is now assumed "explored" because the fog off war for it has been revealed on the map, when in reality the data vault or anomaly is still hidden there.

adeine
x4

Re: Please make anomalies and data vaults persistent on the map

Post by adeine » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 19:41

Falcrack wrote:
Mon, 2. Aug 21, 14:22
I don't think it makes any sense that these objects are basically "unplottable" on the map. They are static objects. They do not move. In the case of data vaults, why then do they not remain on the map after we have already revealed them on radar once? With anomalies, it would also make sense if they had a map icon, so we could revisit them?

I know the answer many would give, which is "just place a nav beacon". But many times these are revealed by NPC controlled ships, or they pass unnoticed. That spot of space is now assumed "explored" because the fog off war for it has been revealed on the map, when in reality the data vault or anomaly is still hidden there.
Two things about this:

- I get that you're meant to actively explore to find data vaults. The problem is that using the scanner, anomalies (completely worthless) and data vaults (useful) share the exact same kind of ping.
- Data vaults you've already unlocked still ping and are not marked in any way. The current 'solution' is to place a nav beacon next to vaults already unlocked, but the update that made them persistent across games has made this strategy not work.

I feel once a data vault has been unlocked, it should be mappable and be marked differently from data vaults that are yet to be found. They should also have a unique long range scanner colour and tone.

Return to “X4: Foundations”