Spoiler! A Heart for Pirates outcome

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

harlequin80

Spoiler! A Heart for Pirates outcome

Post by harlequin80 » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 01:28

I really wanted the Yaki to become a proper faction in their own right, so I went to all the effort of clearing out the sectors of xenon, and in the process built a fairly sizeable industrial network through those sectors with the idea that I could juice the Yaki's economy on day one of them being a proper faction.

So I complete the final Xenon stations kill and.........
Spoiler
Show
nothing. Not even a call from Dal. Literally just the "mission complete" sound. The yaki are still at war with everyone, there's no move to build stations, they don't have a wider selection of ships, nothing.

Am I missing something here? Is my save borked? I am genuinely super frustrated by this one.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Spoiler! A Heart for Pirates outcome

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 07:58

When you were first briefed about the mission, Dal (I think) clearly told you that there was no final reward as such. There was just the 'opportunity', if you had the means and intent to defeat the Xenon strongholds anyway, to open up new trading possibilities with the Yaki's more exotic market and to benefit from their bespoke assets.

You might get missions to build stations for the Yaki, for example. You might have to defend the Yaki assets from SPL or TER encroachments. It was always a case of it becoming whatever you made of it under the circumstances of your particular game rather than being a straightforward fixed reward mission.

Trading there is always going to be a little bit complicated anyway because of the one-way Savage Spur linkage.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 13:05

They should be at peace and trading with antigone/argon, OP. They shouldnt be at war with everyone (they still raid everyones ships though).
Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 2. Aug 21, 07:58
You might get missions to build stations for the Yaki, for example. You might have to defend the Yaki assets from SPL or TER encroachments. It was always a case of it becoming whatever you made of it under the circumstances of your particular game rather than being a straightforward fixed reward mission.
I havent had any missions show up for the yaki at all despite flying around there for a while.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 01:36

I read someone say that they got a Yaki station build mission - would love to see one myself!

Return to “X4: Foundations”