Totaly new features that would expand X4?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lord Dakier
x4

Re: Totaly new features that would expand X4?

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 13:40

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Sat, 31. Jul 21, 10:40
A new research facility that when built allows me to improve on the current ship designs.
The facility would be part offices, laboratories and shipyard.
This would be and endgame activity that requires a lot of resources.
Basically I want to be able to add more weapons, shields and engines to existing ships.
Or be able to produce better variants of existing weapons, shields and engines.

A totally new race and factions never seen before.

Salvage from wrecks +1
To tie on to this. Some custom weapons would be really cool, like picking the effects and having a budget for its stats that you spend per size.

WiiWiesel
x4

Re: Totaly new features that would expand X4?

Post by WiiWiesel » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 14:04

Maybe a tax system: So that an economic actor within a system has to pay the sector owner for trade/mining/etc.. This would make owning a sector way more meaningful

Another thing, which could be interesting would be a more diplomatic depth (those are inspired by the game EU4):

- The first one would be a war with a specific war goal: Thus, that you (or any faction) could declare a war on another faction with a certain goal in mind -> during the war, points are gathered for destroying ships/stations -> once enough points are gathered, a peace treaty can be signed

- Right now, the reputation-system between factions and the player make the whole thing rather static in the long run, I would prefer if the factions would treat the player in regards to the players actions and their own interest. (Maybe the factions want to have a sector, which is currently run by the player? -> their desire grows over time and if the player doesn't actively befriend this faction over time, the faction would declare war for the sector). But due to the diplomatic missions, this would only make sense between the player and the factions

Return to “X4: Foundations”