Something very wrong with the map

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Something very wrong with the map

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 21:56

OK so we had the ships flashing and in two places at once.

Now I have ships sliding across the map and ending up several 100 Km from their starting position.

I recently teleported to a ship. On the map a pirate M class ship was right under its nose.

After the teleport the M class ship was 1/2 a sector away.

To quote Homer Simpson "DOH".

I had a fleet attacking a ship. Again I teleported and then nothing. Nada, Nil, Zero. The ship had simply disappeared. No it was not destroyed. It had simply ceased to exist.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

surferx
x4

Re: Something very wrong with the map

Post by surferx » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 22:48

Why don't you post this in Tech Support?
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 23:44

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Tue, 27. Jul 21, 21:56
OK so we had the ships flashing and in two places at once.

Now I have ships sliding across the map and ending up several 100 Km from their starting position.

I recently teleported to a ship. On the map a pirate M class ship was right under its nose.

After the teleport the M class ship was 1/2 a sector away.

To quote Homer Simpson "DOH".

I had a fleet attacking a ship. Again I teleported and then nothing. Nada, Nil, Zero. The ship had simply disappeared. No it was not destroyed. It had simply ceased to exist.
Try without mods. That should always be your first troubleshooting step.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 00:33

oddible wrote:
Tue, 27. Jul 21, 23:44

Try without mods. That should always be your first troubleshooting step.
No mod can even change this part, its hardcoded part.

As for the issue itself - its a problem with OOS calculation. In OOS ships store only position, they are not fully physical objects. When you teleport, if ships are too close one to another or one ship is in bounding box of another ship/station/object it will be teleported nearby to safe position. Sometimes it can be quite far away, maybe you encountered one of the edge cases when ship was teleported quite far.

Drumma

Post by Drumma » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 02:01

for a couple of weeks now, when I click on a ship or fleet on the map, it always go to the "unassigned ships" menu.
Is there a setting that changed I'm unaware of or what could fix this?
It used to center on the ship in the owned ship list you clicked on, but now it doesn't.
Thx

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 02:35

Drumma wrote:
Wed, 28. Jul 21, 02:01
for a couple of weeks now, when I click on a ship or fleet on the map, it always go to the "unassigned ships" menu.
Is there a setting that changed I'm unaware of or what could fix this?
It used to center on the ship in the owned ship list you clicked on, but now it doesn't.
Thx
if you are on 4.1 beta version - this feedback should go to beta forum, not here.
if you are on 4.0 I dont think there is a setting for this and no patch was released in in months

Drumma

Post by Drumma » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 21:42

I'm on 4.0.
Nothing's been updated or changed as far as I know.
I did some testing and the only ship this happens with are Fleet lead ships. If I click on a ship on the map assigned to either a fleet or a station, the appropriated menu pops open with the ship I clicked highlighted.
As I mentioned, if I click on a fleet lead ship it goes to the Unassigned Ships menu.

Its not a big deal now that I know I can simply click a ship on the map assigned to a fleet and it opens in the Fleet menu (or stations menu if its assigned there). I just don't recall it working this way before several weeks ago.

I doubt it means anything, I can't see how it would effect a game setting but another one of those pesky Win 10 updates slipped by me under the radar. (I like picking when/if I let Windows updates)

Thanks and have a nice day

Return to “X4: Foundations”