Query: Will ships "Stuck in minefield" (Mission) ever bail

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Query: Will ships "Stuck in minefield" (Mission) ever bail

Post by Scoob » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 20:47

Hey all,

I was wondering if a Mission-generated ship - specifically the "Stuck in minefield" one - will ever bail, or if it's blocked from ever doing so. I'm very early-game in a new start and have done a couple of these missions, but just got one with a Katana as the target ship and I wants it lol.

I've been shooting it steadily for a while - it's down below 25% hull and I'm taking regular pot-shots at it to keep the shields down - however, I've not made it bail yet, nor have I gotten the "surrender" type dialogue option, though that only appears from time to time of course.

I'll keep trying and update this thread unless someone confirms it's not possible.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Query: Will ships "Stuck in minefield" (Mission) ever bail

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 21:34

Probably not unless the devs changed things in recent release/beta versions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Re: Query: Will ships "Stuck in minefield" (Mission) ever bail

Post by Scoob » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 22:19

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 27. Jul 21, 21:34
Probably not unless the devs changed things in recent release/beta versions.
Thanks Alan, that's what I expected. Needless to say I was unsuccessful in forcing that Katana to bail.

I do recall a time, must be quite a few versions ago, when such things were possible, but it could be a bit of an exploit potentially of course.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations”