Removed

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

delilah wild

Removed

Post by delilah wild » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 05:04

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 19:31
The forum rules wrote:
Thu, 31. Aug 17, 12:06
• Discussion of any action taken by a moderator or site administrator is not permitted. This includes discussion of warnings, bans or locked topics, and also the re-starting of a topic that has just been locked.
The linked thread was locked for a reason, and the forum rules are quite clear about reopening topics that have just been locked. If there is even the slightest sign of this thread going in the same direction as the last one, this thread will be locked too, the people involved will receive formal warnings, and there will be no further discussion of the subject. This is everyone's final notice on the matter.
I'd like to take my warning please, with the understanding that I will escalate this into more public fora. It has been some time since I wrote for the Medium. The abuse of moderation rules in this instance is problematic on its own. It's use to rationalize racism is reprehensible. I had thought X4 had a race issue to be discussed. It is clearly a racism issue amongst the forum moderators, and by extension, in Egosoft.

Again, please send my warning for calling out racism in Egosofts' forum.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: What is the race distribution (White, Black, Asian) in human factions according to lore?

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 09:38

You are welcome. Consider it done, but for repeatedly breaking forum rules and for no other reason.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Removed

Post by CBJ » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 10:35

I've split this out so that I can respond to it without derailing the thread. Note that we would not normally respond to comments on moderator actions in the public forum, but in this case there is an important point to be made that everyone needs to see.

Your assertion that Egosoft and the moderators have a "racism issue" is baseless and false. Racism will not be tolerated on this forum, full stop.

The forum has a very clear set of rules. Read them all carefully:
• Images, links or any other content that other forum users may find obscene or offensive, will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to sexism, racism, incitement to violence and extreme religious and political views. Users breaking this rule will be dealt with severely.
• Personal abuse directed towards another forum member is not permitted under any circumstances. If you are offended by another user's post or conduct, try to contact that user directly to peacefully resolve the issue. In most cases a single PM can solve misunderstandings quickly. If you do not succeed, please contact a moderator for assistance. Do not respond in kind.
• Discussion of any action taken by a moderator or site administrator is not permitted. This includes discussion of warnings, bans or locked topics, and also the re-starting of a topic that has just been locked.
These three go hand in hand. To put the result in simple terms, it is the job of the moderators to exercise judgment as to whether the rules have been broken, and to apply them. It is not the job of individual forum users to decide to "call out" other forum users for perceived infractions. Moderators applying any of the above rules, and warning users who fail to adhere to them, are not an "abuse of moderation rules"; those are the moderation rules.

To summarise, if you think a post is breaking the forum rules, what you do is to contact a moderator by PM or report the post. What you do not do is to start making accusations against another user, or commenting on moderator actions, on the public forum.

Return to “X4: Foundations”