Resource probes don't constrain the miners?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

Resource probes don't constrain the miners?

Post by user1679 » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 08:22

I read several threads here and on Steam that resource probes are supposed to be the "first choice" for an AI pilot when it comes to mining. With this
theory in mind, I bought 5 probes and 5 laser tower Mk1. I deployed the probes with a tower next to each one in a diamond pattern with the fifth set
in the center.

The idea was to have my miner work INSIDE the diamond (resource probe perimeter) and be protected by the laser towers. Instead, after she deployed
the final laser tower she flew across the sector to mine in a tiny, singular hexagon of ore. So it seems the resource probe is literally only for missions?

Also, this is using Advanced Automine.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Resource probes don't constrain the miners?

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 10:03

The use of probes has changed over time. A thread may or may not talk about current version.

I think Bernd did mean current 4.00, when he wrote:
the ships will still prefer to mine away from probes as soon as the area around a probe is below the average of the surrounding region.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

user1679

Re: Resource probes don't constrain the miners?

Post by user1679 » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 03:58

jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 26. Jul 21, 10:03
The use of probes has changed over time. A thread may or may not talk about current version.

I think Bernd did mean current 4.00, when he wrote:
the ships will still prefer to mine away from probes as soon as the area around a probe is below the average of the surrounding region.
Thanks, I missed that one. Most of the probes I had out were very low quantities (0.009, etc.) so this must be why my ship was on the other side of the sector.

Return to “X4: Foundations”