Please provide more options to manage station accounts

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Would you like to see this money management feature?

Yes
87%
No
7%
Don't Care
7%

Total votes: 15

Falcrack
x4

Please provide more options to manage station accounts

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 17:05

I would like to kindly request some additional functionality to managing our accounts: Specifically, what I would like to see is this:

1. Ability to manually set minimum station account, where the station will automatically withdraw from the player account into the station account if the station funds dip below the set level, provided the player account has enough money.
2. Ability to manually set maximum station account, where the station will automatically transfer to the player account if the station account exceeds the set amount.

In my late game, it has become a tedious task to constantly be cycling through my stations to siphon off the excess money. I do not like the defaults the manager thinks the station needs, because it tends to think the station needs way more money than I know it needs, and will not auto transfer funds until well above the level I would personally choose. Conversely, there are some stations which primarily sell to my own shipyards, thus they may tend to lose money, so I have to babysit them giving them cash infusions periodically to keep them running.

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Please provide more options to manage station accounts

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 18:05

Point 2 is already in the game, albeit not really well described (it's circa 2x of amount your last set amount of station funds).

Point 1 would be useful as with 20 stations I do have notification that station is running low from time to time.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 18:40

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 18:05
Point 2 is already in the game, albeit not really well described (it's circa 2x of amount your last set amount of station funds).

Point 1 would be useful as with 20 stations I do have notification that station is running low from time to time.
Point 2 is not already in the game. I cannot manually set a specific value for the maximum station account. I repeatedly set the last amount to "0" for mining stations, because these stations need no funds at all to earn a profit, and yet I am continually having to pull funds out of these mining stations.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 19:59

When you set it to 0, your station will accumulate money indefinitly. Set it to 1 Credit and every excess money will be transfered immeadiatly.

Every value for X that is not 0 works like that:
1. You set your station account to X Credits
2. Your station will accumulate up to 3x X Credits
3. And then transfer you X credits each time it reaches that threshold

i.e.
1. You set your station account to 1.000.000 Credits
2. Your station will accumulate up to 3.000.000 Credits
3. And then transfer you its money, so it only has 2.000.000 Credits left.
Last edited by Tamina on Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:05, edited 2 times in total.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:02

Tamina wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 19:59
When you set it to 0, your station will accumulate money indefinitly. Set it to 1 Credit and every excess will transfered immeadiatly.

Every value that is not 0 works like that:
1. You set your station account to 1.000.000 Credits
2. Your station will accumulate up to 3.000.000 Credits
3. And then transfer you its money, so it only has 2.000.000 Credits. (1.000.000 Credits each time, the value you set at the beginning)
Would be nice if the game documented this somewhere. So much of the critical information of this game is undocumented!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:39

That's why I said it's not well described :D

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:47

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:39
And it's also not working in all cases! I have several shipyards, and I set them all to have 4,000,000 in their account. According to the description, they should only accumulate a maximum of 8,000,000 credits, but since setting them to this level, several have accumulated up to 20,000,000 credits.

Curiously, it does work for the mining stations. I set them all to 1 credit, and the most they ever accumulate is 2 credits.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 21:10

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:47
And it's also not working in all cases! I have several shipyards, and I set them all to have 4,000,000 in their account. According to the description, they should only accumulate a maximum of 8,000,000 credits, but since setting them to this level, several have accumulated up to 20,000,000 credits.
There might be also a timer between each transfers - 20 mil is rather small amount for shipayrd to accumulate.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 11:26

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:47
mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:39

Curiously, it does work for the mining stations. I set them all to 1 credit, and the most they ever accumulate is 2 credits.
For this automated option to work the specified amount has to be greater than the station's requirements (suggested amount), which makes it a lot in the case of a Shipyard not to mention, as we all know, that the station requires money to buy it's own stuff!!!

This part (station "buying" it's own stuff from it's miners etc) should be abolished and there should be a hard number setting to autotransfer money to the player with the option for the station to automatically take player's money to buy needed stuff (just as it was in the now forgotten X3)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 13:10

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 11:26
For this automated option to work the specified amount has to be greater than the station's requirements (suggested amount)
It doesn't need to be more than the suggested amount. It wouldn't have worked for Falcracks mining station if that were the case. Or for any of my stations ;)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 16:09

Tamina wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 13:10
dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 11:26
For this automated option to work the specified amount has to be greater than the station's requirements (suggested amount)
It doesn't need to be more than the suggested amount. It wouldn't have worked for Falcracks mining station if that were the case. Or for any of my stations ;)
It's the "insider scoop" I got from the resident (and honorary) dev in Steam back in V 3.0... It seems that way, cause I've tried it. Of course you never have to press the "recommended" option even once... I'm not sure why it works, or if it changed in V4.0

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 17:33

Also do not forget to be able to make it more obvious when its drawing money from you.
Some of my stations seems to love losing money for not immediately obvious reasons. Well, I think its the meds and food actually, and the lack of sales since these are meant to supply lower tier materials.

Return to “X4: Foundations”