Are Terran medium turrets the same or different?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Are Terran medium turrets the same or different?

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 16:25

I'm bit confused with Terran medium turrets.

Ecyclopedia show that, they are exactly the same crap as non-Argon medium turrets - low tracting speed and same bullet stats.

Looking at Terran medium pulse turret is seems to be correct - same bullet effect and same performance.

However looking at ingame performance of both medium bolt an medium beam I somehow see that their encyclopedia entry doesn't fit actual state:
- both of them have different weapon FX than vanilla weapons.
- Terran medium bolts seem to be having faster bullets and more reliably hitting small targets, despite encyclopedia claiming that it has same bullet stats and worse tracking.
- Terran medium beams seems to fire short zaps that barelly move, while vanilla medium beam seems to fire longer continous beam tha chase the target.

So the question is:
Is it my imagination or simply encyclopedia turret stats are incorrect?

If encyclopedia stats are incorrect, then it would be good if someone could check Terran medium pulse turrets - it would be good to have them very fast bullet speed, similar to Terran Large Pulse and Terran S/M Pulse Laser.

abisha1980
x4

Re: Are Terran medium turrets the same or different?

Post by abisha1980 » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 15:57

yea the encyclopedia is incorrect.

i thought they fixed it with the latest patch (must be with 4.10 then)
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 17:46

abisha1980 wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 15:57
yea the encyclopedia is incorrect.

i thought they fixed it with the latest patch (must be with 4.10 then)
I went to the game to double check (4.00) and the encyclopedia still claim it's identical to other races.
I don't see any mention about in in 4.10 path notes.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 07:30

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 16:25
If encyclopedia stats are incorrect, then it would be good if someone could check Terran medium pulse turrets - it would be good to have them very fast bullet speed, similar to Terran Large Pulse and Terran S/M Pulse Laser.

Ecyclopedia take data from turret/bullet configuration files directly, So unless other issues (e.g. muzzle count) jump in, the number displayed should be accurate.

Return to “X4: Foundations”