What is the race distribution (White, Black, Asian) in human factions according to lore?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Flippi
x3tc

Re: What is the race distribution (White, Black, Asian) in human factions according to lore?

Post by Flippi » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 19:35

I too have a problem with diversity in this game!
I have yet to find any cat girls anywhere! This cannot stand!
Obvious /s is obvious.

On a more serious note. I don't get the entire fuss about the whole topic. Seems to me like a desperate attempt at creating drama or push political stuff. And all of that for something so mundane as completely randomly generated NPC's. I also haven't noticed any weird distribution issues as others reported. But maybe I just don't care about that enough to notice any problems.

Really, there's so much in this game to discuss and have problems with. But people to choose such a non issue as races. Wow.
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

Quinnell
x4

Re: What is the race distribution (White, Black, Asian) in human factions according to lore?

Post by Quinnell » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 23:42

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 17:27
Skeeter wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 16:06
Need more civilians too so normal clothes not just uniforms, more culture grouped i.e some religious types, punk types, gang looking types, family types. Walking around getting on and off ships then walking around the stations malls if they add em and then back on a random ship as passengers to go around different stations like their having a life.
I still hope one day we will be able to customize crew clothes/uniforms (e.g. faction colors, dress code for captain, pilot etc.) - this would get well with a few more clothes choices.
I'd really like to be able to rename my crew. Changing their uniforms would be a nice secondary feature for sure though. I like my military ships to be 100% Terran!
Quinnell - Terran supporter

Quinnell
x4

Post by Quinnell » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 23:48

Clownmug wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 21:22
Usually in fiction when humanity achieves space travel they abandon petty things like this and thus it's never mentioned.
While race is likely no longer a concern, humanity took a rather unique turn in the X universe. I think that the lore of X Series might have repercussions on ethnic dominance.

Consider: Japanese is essentially the dominant language by the time Terrans establish themselves in space. I read somewhere it has even become the de facto trade language in the Commonwealth. Almost all Terran starships have Japanese names. A majority of Terrans have a Japanese first name or surname. Since the Japs essentially became the dominant scientific superpower and seemingly the dominant culture on Earth, I would imagine ethnicities might come to reflect that, at least within the Terran military. And probably the Argons depending on the ethnic makeup of the colonists that got stranded when Earth destroyed their Jumpgate.
Quinnell - Terran supporter

delilah wild

Re: The Race Issue in X4

Post by delilah wild » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 04:58

Zloth2 wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 19:26
Oh, that's not just Egosoft by a LONG shot, that's all of gamedom. Every different faction with bodies that look significantly different are different "races." Doesn't matter if biologists would call them a different race, species, or kingdom. Honestly, it doesn't even matter if you would need to call in a geologist to categorize the differences! As far as gamers are concerned, a hyper-intelligent shade of the color blue would still just be another "race." It may seem lazy, but it really doesn't matter much for gaming. No point in having a dozen different words for "snow" if you live in the tropics.
Very fair point. Which only underscores the need of gaming in general and Egosoft in particular to take racialized discourses seriously.

Return to “X4: Foundations”