Can you swap weapons between ships?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gilesey
x3tc

Can you swap weapons between ships?

Post by Gilesey » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 09:16

Want to get some new weapons on my main ship which already has some fairly good ones that I spent quite a bit of time and credits modding.

Can I put those modded weapons in another ship to avoid having to go through all the pain of having to re-roll good scores for 2nd ship?

jlehtone
x4

Re: Can you swap weapons between ships?

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 14:03

Weapons are assembled in-place. There is no way to transfer them, except get components from disassembly and reuse them.

Mods ... I've never used them, so can't say.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 14:15

The relevant existing mod has to be removed at a crafting bench before you can further mod, remove/sell or upgrade/replace the modded ship item(s).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gilesey
x3tc

Post by Gilesey » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 17:35

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 14:03
I meant weapon mods (in game upgrades using components from drops) rather than game changing mods, but I've got the answer I need.

I'll get some of the parts back when I recycle the upgrade, but I'll lose the money and have to re-roll again the get some decent stats. That's a pity, it took quite a bit of time and money 1st time round.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 18:38

Gilesey wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 17:35
jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 14:03
I meant weapon mods (in game upgrades using components from drops)
So did I.

(Well, technically those mission reward Miners have something something, but since I don't care about those, I don't count them as "use".)

I presume that you have both weapon and other mods in your ship.
If you replace the guns, then you have to redo the weapon mods.
If you arm a new ship with new guns, then you have to create weapon mods and other mods to the new ship.

Tough.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:11

Gilesey wrote:
I'll get some of the parts back when I recycle the upgrade, but I'll lose the money and have to re-roll again the get some decent stats. That's a pity, it took quite a bit of time and money 1st time round.
I dont know if this is new to the current v4.10 betas (I have not re-rolled any weapon mods etc for a while), but there's a nice change been done to re-applying mods. Used to be you would disable a currently installed mod and then Install again to do the re-roll. 2 clicks for each re-roll.
Now once they are installed, if you want to re-roll you just click Re-assemble, 1 click for each re-roll .. Still need a lot of found resources to keep doing this but at least it's a more convenient process and will save wearing out your mouse left button :).
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 17:38

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 20:11
Gilesey wrote:
I dont know if this is new to the current v4.10 betas (I have not re-rolled any weapon mods etc for a while), but there's a nice change been done to re-applying mods. Used to be you would disable a currently installed mod and then Install again to do the re-roll. 2 clicks for each re-roll.
Now once they are installed, if you want to re-roll you just click Re-assemble, 1 click for each re-roll .. Still need a lot of found resources to keep doing this but at least it's a more convenient process and will save wearing out your mouse left button :).
Excellent news! Because its a pita rerolling all the shields on any moderately armed L/XL ship. Imagine doing that on a Raptor. I've did it to get an even +20% spread.
Also since you don't lose mats for rerolling shields...

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 18:23

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 26. Jul 21, 17:38
~ Imagine doing that on a Raptor.
:) Been there a few times, mouse abuse.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations”