The Kate Landon Appeal

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

The Kate Landon Appeal

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 11:09

OK... since Egosoft seems to have run out of resources it is time for the community to step in!!!

The issue at hand is Kate Landon, Dal Busta's assistant, who for no apparent reason has lost the back half of her hair in V4.10!!!
For this reason I propose a user's donation of 0.001 cent each to buy a wig for the poor NPC that is as helpful as NPC's go and then some...

P.S. No dear moderators and other Egosoft, stuff this is not a post for the Beta Forum since the notice have been given to the devs since Beta 4.10 started and now we are in Beta 4.10 4 and nothing so far...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: The Kate Landon Appeal

Post by CBJ » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 12:04

Funnily enough our artists don't immediately drop the important work they are doing to fix NPC haircuts. And yes, they can be busy on that important work for several beta versions in a row.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 13:07

Funnily enough there is an active beta thread on this more general issue area and with an issue tracking number too (ie, 'nothing so far' is not quite the case).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 15:39

There are a few more plot NPCs that have the same issue, already reported though.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 15:50

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 13:07
Funnily enough there is an active beta thread on this more general issue area and with an issue tracking number too (ie, 'nothing so far' is not quite the case).
It's not hidden and the way I see it it's a wider problem. By the way the next 3 beta versions included 4 unnecessary Inconveniances and one, somewhat, good one as far as graphics are concerned. Maybe a "haircut" session would pay more than bad addititons...

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 20:28

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 15:50
By the way the next 3 beta versions included 4 unnecessary Inconveniances and one, somewhat, good one as far as graphics are concerned...
Isn't it the very purpose of the beta to identify new issues before the official patch release??? :roll:
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 21:18

Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 20:28
Isn't it the very purpose of the beta to identify new issues before the official patch release??? :roll:
Indeed. It's just that, in my book, first of all you don't dare touch things that work OK in the first place. Then, failing that or that being impossible, you go over and fix what's broken and then continue with the improvements.

To be honest, as much as I have searched in the site, I have not come upon one complaint about the opacity of the player's ship stats (been there from the get go of the Beta) that actually interferes with issuing commands for the ship itself just to name one and If I am the only one who has trouble/complains about it then let it be...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 09:27

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 21:18
Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 20:28
Indeed. It's just that, in my book, first of all you don't dare touch things that work OK in the first place. Then, failing that or that being impossible, you go over and fix what's broken and then continue with the improvements.

To be honest, as much as I have searched in the site, I have not come upon one complaint about the opacity of the player's ship stats (been there from the get go of the Beta) that actually interferes with issuing commands for the ship itself just to name one and If I am the only one who has trouble/complains about it then let it be...
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=440595

as soon as the info screen appeared I made the report, its not supposed to be on all the time, but anyway doc was busy fixing station editor so didn't fix this for beta 4

patience man just be patient, this beta will take a long time
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 12:11

Need to also offer funds to get a npc i found that had green hair, to buy some hair dye to go back to black or blonde hair as green is a uncool hair colour. :D
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X4: Foundations”