Scanning Ships, i'm Confused.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Staur106
x4

Scanning Ships, i'm Confused.

Post by Staur106 » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 19:58

Hello i have a quest where i'm asked to scan a ship that contains one Resorses and i Have scanned plenty, so do i need to scan the Traders or the small ships around the stations?

johntarmac
x3tc

Re: Scanning Ships, i'm Confused.

Post by johntarmac » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 20:10

You need to look for mining ships, they are the only ones that will be carrying ore.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 20:43

johntarmac wrote:
Thu, 22. Jul 21, 20:10
You need to look for mining ships, they are the only ones that will be carrying ore.
your misunderstanding my queston it is not Gas or ore i was asked to skan for :) it was AC :p but i gave up on it, i scaned over 20 ships and none hat it :O

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 21:03

Ha, sorry. I misread the 'one' as ore.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 22:08

Fastest way to complete such missions is to buy a cheap minimum spec S ship & send it to buy precisely 1 unit of whatever cargo is specified in the mission briefing. Then follow it, wait just above the docks at the station (i.e. within scanning range) for the cargo to be bought, then sell the ship & do a quick scan while it's taking off.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 10:35

I'm "ally" (is it 27+ rep?) where you know details of allies. Then it is a quick browse of the map until I find a ship with cargo, get there and scan that ship.
(One could argue the realism of pretending to discover, when one could just leak the info one already has.)

(I do track pirates with same method; they disguise as faction that tells me everything. Bad disguise; shows orders on the map.)

Obviously, getting to ally status in the first place is not as fast as buying a ship.

If neither of the two above are accessible methods, then one should figure out which freighter type (Mineral, Energy, High Tech, etc) would carry the item of interest. Another is to lurk near station that sells the item of interest at low price -- somebody is bound to pop in to take a haul sooner or later.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 23:50

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 10:35
I'm "ally" (is it 27+ rep?) where you know details of allies. Then it is a quick browse of the map until I find a ship with cargo, get there and scan that ship.
(One could argue the realism of pretending to discover, when one could just leak the info one already has.)

(I do track pirates with same method; they disguise as faction that tells me everything. Bad disguise; shows orders on the map.)

Obviously, getting to ally status in the first place is not as fast as buying a ship.

If neither of the two above are accessible methods, then one should figure out which freighter type (Mineral, Energy, High Tech, etc) would carry the item of interest. Another is to lurk near station that sells the item of interest at low price -- somebody is bound to pop in to take a haul sooner or later.
Thank you :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”