Does a trade order agree to a fixed price or the current price "or less"?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddible
x4

Does a trade order agree to a fixed price or the current price "or less"?

Post by oddible » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 00:20

When a ship starts a trade I see three items in the transaction log for a ship: Trade Order, Trade Purchase, Trade Sale.

The way I assume this works is that the Trade Order happens when the ship first is assigned the Purchase / Sale. The ship removes an amount of money from your player account to cover the sale then proceeds to head out toward the purchase station.

When it arrives at the purchase station, I've noticed that there is often a reconciliation entry in the transaction log. For instance, it appears that the ship can sometimes pay LESS than the originally agreed upon price in the Trade Order. Is this the case? Can it also pay more? Or will it always pay the original Trade Order as a maximum but it could also pay less.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/WHXXDfB.png
In this order the ship agrees to pay +10,936 in the trade order. It seems that it only pays -8,172 during the purchase. Since that was less than the original money reserved, the ship then removes the remaining -2,764 back to the player account.

Am I reading this right? What is the expected behaviour here?

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Does a trade order agree to a fixed price or the current price "or less"?

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 07:14

oddible wrote:
Thu, 22. Jul 21, 00:20
The way I assume this works is that the Trade Order happens when the ship first is assigned the Purchase / Sale. The ship removes an amount of money from your player account to cover the sale then proceeds to head out toward the purchase station.
That's the undiscounted price.
oddible wrote:
Thu, 22. Jul 21, 00:20
When it arrives at the purchase station, I've noticed that there is often a reconciliation entry in the transaction log. For instance, it appears that the ship can sometimes pay LESS than the originally agreed upon price in the Trade Order. Is this the case? Can it also pay more? Or will it always pay the original Trade Order as a maximum but it could also pay less.
If there is a discount, for example a rep based discount, the freighter has to pay less. Afterwards the price difference is transfered back to the player account.

Return to “X4: Foundations”