Can we get a hotkey for Drop Satellite and Drop Resource Probe?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddible
x4

Can we get a hotkey for Drop Satellite and Drop Resource Probe?

Post by oddible » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 19:27

Two of the most frequently done actions by a player are instructing a non-piloted ship to drop a satellite and instructing a ship to drop a resource probe. Currently you need to do the following:
1) Right click
2) Drag mouse to Civilian
3) Click Civilian
4) Drag mouse in the tiny menu again to Satellite
5) Click Satellite

It would be awesome to have this be a few less drags and clicks. A couple suggestions: Make it like Protect Location, if a ship is selected while the player is in the map, and the hotkey is pressed, change the cursor to the reticle and wherever they click, add a Drop Satellite order. Or, Select ship and Right Click a location as normal but then allow a hotkey while the right-click menu is open that would add the drop satellite order.

ONE MORE REQUEST: Add a hotkey for Scan when in Pilot mode. It is super annoying to have to right-click, drag mouse, select scan, while trying to pilot the ship within scan range. I usually pause which gets the job done but is super annoying. A scan hotkey option would ROCK!

Eyeklops
x4

Re: Can we get a hotkey for Drop Satellite and Drop Resource Probe?

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 20:25

oddible wrote:
Wed, 21. Jul 21, 19:27
ONE MORE REQUEST: Add a hotkey for Scan when in Pilot mode. It is super annoying to have to right-click, drag mouse, select scan, while trying to pilot the ship within scan range. I usually pause which gets the job done but is super annoying. A scan hotkey option would ROCK!
Not sure about 4.00 but in 4.10 there is a keybind already set for this. It's either ctrl or shift and "F".

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 22:41

Agree in principle, though would prefer a more general approach rather than adding individual hotkeys for each item of equipment. If practical would prefer it if satellites (etc) could be configured as secondary weapons & use existing keys for selection & deployment. Made a request along these lines myself a few months ago, though nothing came of it.
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=433305&p=5007893& ... D#p5007893

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 22:44

Right, if it was done like that then it could be used to deploy mines and laser towers as well. Still, I'd rather have them do a less generalized solution and just get 'er done than to try to kitchen sink it and never have it happen. Keepin' it simple.

Return to “X4: Foundations”