xenon Blitzkrieg (on timer)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

abisha1980
x4

xenon Blitzkrieg (on timer)

Post by abisha1980 » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 19:52

i complain a lot about xenon in the past... :roll:

but i think we need a xenon Blitzkrieg on a timer after each 2 a 3 full day games a full scale attack on all fronts to keep the game going
it's to peaceful in my current universe and AI building to many stations to counter a overwhelming amount of resources.

the fleet size should depending on a x amount of factors
1. fleet strength within the invading sector (the xenon are to destroy stations not wiping out a sector)
2. if a sector get eliminated the next cycle should only send in shouts and fighters
3. if a Blitzkrieg failed the next cycle should be bigger force
4. sector on assault should kill anything on sight including player and NPC (player build stations should also getting wiped)
5. a successful Blitzkrieg should construct defense stations
6. a Blitzkrieg is external xenon faction that operate outside Xenon faction (see like a daughter company)
7. external asteroid yield should be included within the strike force a low yield 2 sectors scan should send a weaker force then a full asteroid belt

so how should the Blitzkrieg looks like?.
HOP for example is a huge problem a strike force should at least have 2I 10K 25P 75M (each with it's own objective) 2I focus on stations, K on stations and other capitals (with weight transporters) P transport and fighters M on fighters and drones
a strike force have X amount of firepower if defeated X amount gets twice amount of force next cycle (4I, 20K, 50P, 150M
if successful X amount gets lower 1I 5K 12P 37M
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Falcrack
x4

Re: xenon Blitzkrieg (on timer)

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 08:29

Instead of a timer, I would prefer an optional storyline, where one of the plot choices results in unleashing an apocalyptic Xenon horde which requires heavy player intervention to save the galaxy.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 09:01

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 21. Jul 21, 08:29
Instead of a timer, I would prefer an optional storyline, where one of the plot choices results in unleashing an apocalyptic Xenon horde which requires heavy player intervention to save the galaxy.
Plot: Here are your choices ...

Player: Hold your breath, I'll assemble thousand Asgardians
OK, I'm ready now.

Xenon CPU: Its a Trap!
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 15:44

Since the game simulates all production then we have following chain of factors and consequences:
1. resources -> 2. production -> 3. attack
It is quite obvious if either (1) or (2) is broken then (3) will never happen.

Current release successfully breaks:
(1) - with nerfed mining and seems Xenon is not quite ready for that despite to statements that they own resource reach sectors.
somewhat (2) - with terrans who aggressive against Xenon, with their terran ships and with changes in OOS which leads to eradicating Xenon ships and stations, all these bring Xenon into stagnation

This is somewhat changed in current beta. But I am not going to spoil the way its done. I would say only that the way is quite expected, no miracles there. And result is OK, the Xenon more alive in beta.

So your suggestion is a result of the above listed things.
Once (1) and (2) is OK things work pretty much as you describe, that is, Xenon build fleet, then attack, build defense platforms.

If you insist on timer based attacks then steps (1) and (2) must be excluded and timer used instead but that breaks main idea of the game.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 15:54

Scripted Xenon attacks? No thanks. That would stand against the very nature of X4 - the dynamic universe.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 16:53

Instead of scripted Xenon attacks, i'd be more in favor of using what is already there: During the Yaki plot it is established that there exist amplifiers that can manipulate Xenons.

How about, once the rumored pirate DLC comes out, we get to research illegal Xenon signal amplifier beacons that we can place that, if not discovered and destroyed in time by the sector owner, attract Xenon fleets when the Xenon faction considers its next invasion target? If course, if the defending faction discovers it with the player nearby or discovers during a scan a Xenon amplifier beacon in your inventory, then you'll suffer enormous reputation losses.

These could be used either against a faction you want in confict with Xenon, or to use it as a distraction for Xenon forces.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 17:27

Artean wrote:
Wed, 21. Jul 21, 15:54
Scripted Xenon attacks? No thanks. That would stand against the very nature of X4 - the dynamic universe.
There is no need for scripted Xenon attacks, only changes to Xenon behavior. The Xenon are held back by game logic which limits the amount of ships they are allowed to produce, so as not to overwhelm the rest of the galaxy, but these limits could be raised significantly to increase the game challenge.

abisha1980
x4

Post by abisha1980 » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 19:00

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Wed, 21. Jul 21, 16:53
Instead of scripted Xenon attacks, i'd be more in favor of using what is already there: During the Yaki plot it is established that there exist amplifiers that can manipulate Xenons.

How about, once the rumored pirate DLC comes out, we get to research illegal Xenon signal amplifier beacons that we can place that, if not discovered and destroyed in time by the sector owner, attract Xenon fleets when the Xenon faction considers its next invasion target? If course, if the defending faction discovers it with the player nearby or discovers during a scan a Xenon amplifier beacon in your inventory, then you'll suffer enormous reputation losses.

These could be used either against a faction you want in confict with Xenon, or to use it as a distraction for Xenon forces.
So long resources getting wiped i don't mind ether options.
or they can use xenon Blitzkrieg like a crisis event that triggers if something is done. for example the player or NPC take over 2 xenon sectors.
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Return to “X4: Foundations”