Making Fonts Bigger

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dougala
x4

Making Fonts Bigger

Post by dougala » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 17:39

Hi everyone, I am new to this game and forum.

I am 65 years old, I started playing and doing a little coding back in the Commodore days. As I get older my eyesight is getting worse, I just got a new pair of glasses a few months ago and I have started using my 50 inch TV as my monitor, which is pretty nice but, I am having some issues in game at times when there is a lot of data and information on screen so much so that the font used is not tiny but it is small and pretty hard to see. I have looked in game in the options and haven't seen anywhere that the font size can be changed. I usually play at 1920 x 1080 resolution and any setting less just doesn't look very good to me. Is there any way to change the font size, that I'm just not seeing ? Thank You for your time and responses.

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Making Fonts Bigger

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 17:48

Ctrl + mouse wheel will zoom the specific page in your browser.
Ctrl + 0 (zero) to reset to default size.

Dunno if it's only in Firefox or universal to all browsers (might be different key combination).

Edit:
Sorry, I thought you ask about forum.
For ingame X4, you have setting called UI scaling, albeit it might be looking bad above some level if you don't have very high resolution - try something like 1.5 or 2.0 UI scalling.

dougala
x4

Post by dougala » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 14:50

Thanks Mr. Who,

I use Firefox and ctrl and plus or minus is great to enlarge or to make things smaller in the browser. You went one further and gave me a place to go in game to try to make the font bigger, which I am about to try out in a little while after I take care of a few chores around the house. I will let you know if it helps or not, thanks again.

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 01:47

Hello dougala.

Welcome to X4. It is a marvellous game. I'm sorry you are having these difficulties.

Please understand that Egosoft has done a terrible job with the UI including the font and colour schemes. This makes it absurdly difficult to read, and impossible for some with colour blindness. Your option as best as I can figure is to increase the scale (size) of the UI. Go to Settings > Game Settings > UI Scale.

Mods have always been the salvation when Egosoft drops the ball, and there are a few that may be of help to you. I find the Better Target, UI Functional Radar Texture, and MapColors extensions to be of visual help. Check the Steam Workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/workshop/) and Nexus Mods (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/).

Good speed on your journey in X4.

Return to “X4: Foundations”