Disable Oberth Storyline?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MHDriver
x4

Disable Oberth Storyline?

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 08:25

Anybody know of a way to disable the Oberth storyline? I have played the Terran storylines 4 times now and I am done with all of that. I want to play an older save game with the PHQ but this damn ship keeps showing up with that annoying ass constant scanning that lags the crap out of the game when I am in sector. Can't kill the damn thing so I guess maybe a mod or something. Oh, thanks ES for not giving an opt out of this annoying storyline. :rant:

KextV8
x4

Re: Disable Oberth Storyline?

Post by KextV8 » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 14:48

You can disable it by completing it.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 15:04

@KextV8 some people just want to see the world burn, apparently :D

I don't think there is a way currently. There might be one when the custom gamestart functionality makes it into the game with.. update 4.1 I think(?). The patch is currently in public beta but the custom gamestart is not included yet. My best advice is to wait for this functionality which hopefully makes it able to disable or skip the storyline.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 17:07

Tamina wrote:
Tue, 20. Jul 21, 15:04
@KextV8 some people just want to see the world burn, apparently :D

I don't think there is a way currently. There might be one when the custom gamestart functionality makes it into the game with.. update 4.1 I think(?). The patch is currently in public beta but the custom gamestart is not included yet. My best advice is to wait for this functionality which hopefully makes it able to disable or skip the storyline.
Yes well as I understand it the feature will allow custom new game starts. I haven't seen anything about being able to disable storyline items in current save games.

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 21:25

MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 19. Jul 21, 08:25
Anybody know of a way to disable the Oberth storyline? I have played the Terran storylines 4 times now and I am done with all of that. I want to play an older save game with the PHQ but this damn ship keeps showing up with that annoying ass constant scanning that lags the crap out of the game when I am in sector. Can't kill the damn thing so I guess maybe a mod or something. Oh, thanks ES for not giving an opt out of this annoying storyline. :rant:
Why would you destroy it? The task is simple, first land on it and talk to the guy, then give him what he wants and afterwards just help him with 3 ships. I am sure you know how - and this is all you need to do. He will try to send you off, just deactivate the mission afterwards, and he will stop scanning.

I do not want to play this at this time too, and this is what I do.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 21:51

MHDriver wrote:
Tue, 20. Jul 21, 17:07
Yes well as I understand it the feature will allow custom new game starts. I haven't seen anything about being able to disable storyline items in current save games.
I misunderstood your request, my bad.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 04:09

With mods there is almost certainly something that could be done. Such as disabling the visual effect the ship produces when scanning, or changing the script to skip that part of the mission.

However in standard unmodified play I do not think it can be skipped. Only option would be to complete the mission.

Return to “X4: Foundations”