Suggestion (UI improvement)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

abisha1980
x4

Suggestion (UI improvement)

Post by abisha1980 » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 20:31

i was busy with the game then it hits me the most simple of thing's is missing in this game and most essential functions it should have.

the ability to drag and drop ships to groups

a example i have 5 miners it should be possible to drag them in to station/miner/Alpha (let the AI handle it's goal for example if it need ore or silicon
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Erqco
x4

Re: Suggestion (UI improvement)

Post by Erqco » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 20:41

You can do this actually. If I am understanding you.
In the map you can click shift and draw a rectangle around the ships, and in the list click sift the different ships and assign to an Station or to a combat group.

abisha1980
x4

Post by abisha1980 » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 21:36

Erqco wrote:
Sun, 18. Jul 21, 20:41
You can do this actually. If I am understanding you.
In the map you can click shift and draw a rectangle around the ships, and in the list click sift the different ships and assign to an Station or to a combat group.
no that's to create a "new group" say you wanna create a fighter group.

I wanna drag and drop ships into a existing group say you have a station with a alpha (mining) beta Trading
i wanna drag a trade ship into Beta trading without extra clicking just dragging the ship into the group
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 22:55

You can select the group with sift or create one adding ships with the "CONTROL" key, right button to a ship to create a dependence, to a group already created or to a complex and add it to whatever is needed.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 00:39

You can add to existing groups (alpha/beta/gamma) but I do wish the feed back was better.

I thought when the group was set-up you couldned add to it and have to duplicate with another grouping. (eg. delta)
since the group alpha (4 ships) seemed to be greyed out when you moused over with additional ships

adding just a + at the end of the established group when adding additional ships would help

Return to “X4: Foundations”