Personal data collection.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

abisha1980
x4

Personal data collection.

Post by abisha1980 » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 09:01

so the game have the option to enable or disable personal data collection
so i wanna know what kind of personal data the game collects so i read the EULA nothing say what type of data is being collected
something you must provide when you are based in within EU.

i can't really decide now if i turn it on or off (i like to help Egosoft) but i wanna know what type of data is being collected
for example hardware only i have absolute no problem. but if it's collecting data like IP etc there is absolute no reason for egosoft to collect.
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Personal data collection.

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 10:15

Turning on the option 'Personalised crash reports' is only useful if you're asked by Egosoft to do so. Please see the article on Crash Reports and Crash Dumps in the X4 wiki for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 12:26

To clarify and confirm, the "personal data" collected when the option is enabled is just an ID to link the crash report to the forum and/or Steam account that submitted it. We'd normally only request people to enable that when we're investigating a specific issue with the help of a specific player, to help us identify their reports among the others submitted.

abisha1980
x4

Post by abisha1980 » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 15:43

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 18. Jul 21, 12:26
To clarify and confirm, the "personal data" collected when the option is enabled is just an ID to link the crash report to the forum and/or Steam account that submitted it. We'd normally only request people to enable that when we're investigating a specific issue with the help of a specific player, to help us identify their reports among the others submitted.
seams logical thanks for clearing that up i turn it on then
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Return to “X4: Foundations”