Terran only shipyard question

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Terran only shipyard question

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 16:38

I have built a wharf in Segaris space, intended to only produce ships for TER/PIO. I have set the preferred build method to "Terran". I have blueprints sufficient to build Terran ships and equipment. Since this is a new wharf, there are as yet no items in the storage. But the storage space allocated includes all sorts of items that would never be used to build Terran ships (eg engine parts, hull parts, advanced electronics, etc). Shouldn't there be no space allocated for these items? Is there a way I can clear these non-Terran items, without manually going through one by one and reducing the storage space for them? Will my manager eventually wise up and take care of this situation?

Falcrack
x4

Re: Terran only shipyard question

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 16:44

Argh! And now that I have set one shipyard to Terran build method, every single shipyard (I have many) that are set on "Universal" now are set to buy computronic substrate, metallic microlattice, and silicon carbide, even though I don't want them to!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 17:05

Well, Egosoft made things overly complicated with coss-mixing between terran and commonwealth things.

The best solution would be if Terran modules (Wharf and Shipyard) produce and require only Terran ships, while Commonwealth one produce only theirs.

Not to mention getting rid of shared equipment and making separate set for each (e.g. missiles, software, consumables).

With all this cross mixing crap, I can't even see component price in Terran materials, because encyclopedia show only commonwealth component price.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 17:08

Well I've manually went through all my non-Terran shipyards and manually set the storage allocation for computronic substrate, silicon carbide, and metallic microlattice to "1". It's a shame I can't remove these altogether, but the manager has other ideas I guess. The crappy thing though is that even though I reduce the storage allocation for these 3 Terran wares, the storage allocation for the other needed wares is not automatically being increased to take advantage of the extra storage space I freed up.

What the crap!

There should be a third option beside Terran and Universal for the preferred build method, called "Commonwealth"

If I set the build method on "Universal", the manager would buy everything needed for both Terran and non-Terran ships
If I set the build method on "Commonwealth", the manager would buy everything for commonwealth (non-Terran) ships, and none of the Terran specific materials
If I set the build method on "Terran", I would expect that the manager would only be trying to buy Terran materials, and not commonwealth items

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 18:11

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 17. Jul 21, 17:08
There should be a third option beside Terran and Universal for the preferred build method, called "Commonwealth"

If I set the build method on "Universal", the manager would buy everything needed for both Terran and non-Terran ships
If I set the build method on "Commonwealth", the manager would buy everything for commonwealth (non-Terran) ships, and none of the Terran specific materials
If I set the build method on "Terran", I would expect that the manager would only be trying to buy Terran materials, and not commonwealth items
Agreed, I often want to exclude terran wares and the Commonwealth-only choice seems like it would be the logical way to do it. At first when I saw the Terran/Universal options I thought "Universal" meant "Commonwealth", but that's clearly not how it works in practice.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 19:18

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 17. Jul 21, 17:08
Well I've manually went through all my non-Terran shipyards and manually set the storage allocation for computronic substrate, silicon carbide, and metallic microlattice to "1". It's a shame I can't remove these altogether, but the manager has other ideas I guess. The crappy thing though is that even though I reduce the storage allocation for these 3 Terran wares, the storage allocation for the other needed wares is not automatically being increased to take advantage of the extra storage space I freed up.

What the crap!

It's the same with Teladi with the rest of the commonwealth. They have their own Hull Parts Modules.
I've done that before, Refined metals and built a Teladi Hull Parts that require Teladianium and I scratch my Head as to why it's not building Hull Parts for me?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X4: Foundations”