Reputation Lost... erm, where please? (Feature Request)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Reputation Lost... erm, where please? (Feature Request)

Post by Scoob » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 22:33

Hey all,

We really need to be told WHERE a reputation loss event occurred in the player logs. Or at least, where the game thinks a loss occurred. I get occasional seemingly spurious messages saying things like:

Reputation lost: -2
Segaris Pioneers
Reason: Unorthorised Kill
Current reputation: -5
0m ago

Which gives me very little to work with. So, what do I do? I pause the game first, check ALL my ships (very few NONE of which are engaged in any sort of Patrol / Protect Position role) and see nothing untoward. No ships actively engaged, none of my ships with a tell-tale ship wreck near them. Nothing. I strongly suspect that most of these message are totally spurious and nothing has actually happened. Or rather an NPC vs. NPC fight has been incorrectly blamed on ME, which is a separate bug. However, I cannot confirm this as there's nothing useful in the log. I've also noticed that when these suspected spurious message occur, they ALWAYS occur in twos, in that I'll get TWO rep lost messages for a false "Unauthorised Kill" at once, causing an even worse standing loss.

So, even in situations where I KNOW there have been zero hostile actions by any of my ships, I cannot give further info without knowing what the game thinks happened. Having a little arrow next to the message to allow a "Jump to location" feature we have with other messages would be perfect. It wouldn't eliminate the bug where these false unauthorised kill occur, but it'd give us a chance to see what's going on. In genuine situations, I can readily see which ships of mine have been in combat - as they usually still are - or I can at least see the wreck of my victim. This is why I'm sure these messages are false, but can have a severe detriment to the player potentially.

Scoob.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Re: Reputation Lost... erm, where please? (Feature Request)

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 13:00

There are several log message that I find very annoying due to the lack of information.

Stopped by the police, lots of info. Hassled by pirates, lots of info. Make a sale, lots of info.

However, do an unauthorised attack, as you say, total lack of info. Have a ship destroyed! Nice to see it in red, but also a total lack of info.

I personally, would like the ship destroyed messages in a separate tab, with its own delete button. Just so I could keep the info without it getting deleted along with the rest of the logs.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 09:02

Don't forget the cargo drones. Why if my station is being robbed by pirates am I losing rep? Why is the station name not in the message?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 20:07

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 22:33
Hey all,

We really need to be told WHERE a reputation loss event occurred in the player logs. Or at least, where the game thinks a loss occurred. I get occasional seemingly spurious messages saying things like:

Reputation lost: -2
Segaris Pioneers
Reason: Unorthorised Kill
Current reputation: -5
0m ago

Which gives me very little to work with. So, what do I do? I pause the game first, check ALL my ships (very few NONE of which are engaged in any sort of Patrol / Protect Position role) and see nothing untoward. No ships actively engaged, none of my ships with a tell-tale ship wreck near them. Nothing. I strongly suspect that most of these message are totally spurious and nothing has actually happened. Or rather an NPC vs. NPC fight has been incorrectly blamed on ME, which is a separate bug. However, I cannot confirm this as there's nothing useful in the log. I've also noticed that when these suspected spurious message occur, they ALWAYS occur in twos, in that I'll get TWO rep lost messages for a false "Unauthorised Kill" at once, causing an even worse standing loss.

So, even in situations where I KNOW there have been zero hostile actions by any of my ships, I cannot give further info without knowing what the game thinks happened. Having a little arrow next to the message to allow a "Jump to location" feature we have with other messages would be perfect. It wouldn't eliminate the bug where these false unauthorised kill occur, but it'd give us a chance to see what's going on. In genuine situations, I can readily see which ships of mine have been in combat - as they usually still are - or I can at least see the wreck of my victim. This is why I'm sure these messages are false, but can have a severe detriment to the player potentially.

Scoob.

Always thought they came with a button alongside the Log that pinpoints the ship that caused the offence?
If this isn't the case? There needs to be that option as there is allot of ways to pinpoint a specific ships location.

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Sun, 11. Jul 21, 13:00
There are several log message that I find very annoying due to the lack of information.

Stopped by the police, lots of info. Hassled by pirates, lots of info. Make a sale, lots of info.

However, do an unauthorised attack, as you say, total lack of info. Have a ship destroyed! Nice to see it in red, but also a total lack of info.

I personally, would like the ship destroyed messages in a separate tab, with its own delete button. Just so I could keep the info without it getting deleted along with the rest of the logs.

Would also like to know which station they were subordinates under?
So I can quickly replace that ship with a new one.
Or even a Clone ship/equipment and task option to replace ships that a station has lost to Xenon/Pirates etc.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 13:27

This does need to be addressed from a gameplay perspective but also to be able to identify the bug where an "unauthorised kill" reputation drop occurs, yet no combat has taken place. As I mentioned, I had this message once at the start of a new game, while flying my one and only ship. I wasn't involved in combat in any way, but there was a fight going on elsewhere in the sector. The player / player assets are being blamed for events that are nothing to do with them.

Thought: Can SCA disguise themselves as the player[/u] faction? Are they racking up unauthorised kills in our name? We know there are occasional glitches with SCA's cover ability, such as them changing factions while already scanned / already hostile as SCA and attacking the player, causing rep loss for defending yourself. Thankfully this bug seems rare now, unless it is indeed occurring off-screen so to speak. So I wonder if something similar is happening. Regardless, we need to be able to identify the alleged location of any such unauthorised kill for both genuine - where and why are my ships engaged by a "friendly" - and bugged instances of reputation loss.

I'd hope this would be a relatively simple addition to the logs, it's just adding something the game already knows after all.

Scoob.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 17:46

There sure are a lot of posts about this - wondering why no action from ES on such an easy thing to fix. You'd figure a rep loss announcement would be important enough to warrant good information.
(Though in the OP's case there are only 3 Segaris sectors so it isn't like it should be that hard to figure out, getting a Ministry of Finance rep loss anouncement is more challenging).

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 18:20

I'd love to see option to mute some reputation logs pings - like SCA or FAF - they are simply anoying and it's not like I'm friends with them in a first place.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Wed, 11. Aug 21, 13:34

yes please.

(if only for comedy value, the fact that stations are taking offense at you landing a few hits on a hostile, and then basicly lying to faction-HQ about being attacked is utter nonsense) a credit fine would actually make me give a damn, right now reputation hits are just dumb and a waste of even broadcasting on an open audio channel.

used to pause while the audio warnings landed "you will now suffer ... followed by a back n forth between the "offended" station and the faction-HQ, and manually look for the station with the open microphone icon.

and that got old really fast. now i don't care anymore, i dumped ~10 sector miners in faction sectors i want to retain, and they offset anything AND they make some credits (muted rep loss/gain entirely)
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Return to “X4: Foundations”