Things we need in X4 - After playing X³: Farnham's Legacy

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shehriazad
x4

Re: Things we need in X4 - After playing X³: Farnham's Legacy

Post by Shehriazad » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 21:55

Perkel wrote:
Sun, 26. Sep 21, 12:28
Shehriazad wrote:
Tue, 6. Jul 21, 00:41
DR for me would only work in X4 if there was some more logic attached to it.

In FL whenever I gain rep with faction X, I automatically lose rep with Faction Y...why? How? It just makes no sense unless you do something very major that would always be known by everyone
You trade with someone enemy. Why that faction should like you ?

For example Sweden (or was it norway ?) in WW2 got attacked by allies because they were providing iron for Nazis.

"It is just a trade yo" doesn't work in geopolitics.
That's not the point I made. The point I made is that EVERY action I take will automatically be known by every other opposing and allied faction. This makes NO sense. Sure if you strike a BIG trade deal in a capital region that is full of industrial/political/state spies or you blow up a convoy in civilized space...it will spread around.

But if you help a faction with small actions in the outer rim of a factions' space with no enemies being present...why does every little FART affect all ratings of all factions even if they had literally NO way of knowing.
It happens IRL all the time that nations will strike deals without anyone knowing or getting to know it FAR too late. Nations don't communicate EVERYTHING with one another even if they are allies. And not EVERYTHING is being spied on by foreign agents. So if for example I help a hundred grandmas across the street in some small hick town at the arse end of the planet...a local mayor might actually hear of it and tell that to someone far higher up...but would a neighbouring country at war with them hear about this?

Usually they wouldn't. Would I get some small positive rep for it locally or even on a close to national level? Not improbable. Not to mention even if a warring nation hears about this...would they see me as a threat or would they see me as a nice dude helping old ladies across the road? You probably know the answer.

THAT is my point. You should be able to take SMALL actions to slowly creep up your ratings with local authorities without causing a war with an opposing faction straight away. I kill a random straggling Xenon scout in an outer rim sector and rescue a poor civillian trader in his rinky-dink tiny ship...that shouldn't turn me into an enemy of the state of the Argon simply because it was a Paranids life I ended up saving. Realistically speaking there should be a super high chance the Argon never even HEAR about this incident.

rubahax4
x4

Post by rubahax4 » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 13:33

Personally, I am already bored with the peaceful construction simulator. I'd love to see DR in X4. Well, for the peaceful, you can always come up with fake documents ...

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 14:50

Shehriazad wrote:
Sun, 26. Sep 21, 21:55
You should be able to take SMALL actions to slowly creep up your ratings with local authorities without causing a war with an opposing faction straight away. I kill a random straggling Xenon scout in an outer rim sector and rescue a poor civillian trader in his rinky-dink tiny ship...that shouldn't turn me into an enemy of the state of the Argon simply because it was a Paranids life I ended up saving. Realistically speaking there should be a super high chance the Argon never even HEAR about this incident.
Good point. I've been thinking there should be a more marked local/global faction status, so that repeated local actions lead to a global status change. However certain local actions should also be able to "shortcut". For example, if I'm at 20+ and destroy one of their stations, then IMO that should immediately knock me down into the reds with that faction, as that's an action I'd expect the local authorities to report immediately up the chain.

Similarly I've been wanting some relation dynamics, so that accepting promotions for faction A can lead you to losing a promotion and some rep with faction B. Tying it to promotions makes sense I think, as titles is what grants you access to benefits, and is also something that could be "official" in which case it makes sense that faction B learns of this. It's also already explained that promotions can be revoked due to player actions.

So say if A and B are at war, and you accept the +20 promotion from A, I think it's reasonable that B drops you to <10 rep (thus losing you any promotions). By accepting the promotion that allows you access to A's weapon tech, you've picked sides in the conflict.

Return to “X4: Foundations”