Station is slowly dying - why ?.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

Station is slowly dying - why ?.

Post by Dreez » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 22:22

I made this PHQ station and it's goal is to only sell ships, yet the station is constantly running into issues with internal supplies,
mostly with Engine parts, but also keeps running out of weapon components and at one point in time i actually ran out of medical units

http://www.x4-game.com/#/station-calcul ... 01,count:3

The reason for the 16million container storage is to be able to store enough components for large quantity orders like 40 fighters or several L-sized ships,
so the station is set to store up to 50 or 100k of each ship tech parts. It's also designed to function with only 20% workforce and improve from there on.

Anyone who can see any reason why this station-setup should be slowly dying ?.

If i reduce the amount of supportive modules like food and medical so they don't overproduce until reaching high % workforce, then i'll be constantly behind
on a lot of wares constantly, and it takes a long time to reach 75%+ workforce.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Re: Station is slowly dying - why ?.

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 03:27

Building a large station with massive storage needs a gargantuan supply fleet, to satisfy its huge belly. So you end up paying through the nose for other commodities to keep filling it up. This all costs. And so your station depletes if you don't keep topping up the money.
A complete waist of time…

If you are aiming to build 40 + ships at once, you're in dream land. It can be done but only once in a while provided you pour money in at an alarming rate.

Cut back your expectations, reduce the massive storage. Then build your fleet bit by bit, not all in one huge dollop. Even then it will cost you both arms, both your legs, and the seat you're sitting on.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 04:12

you have enough miners to support all the factory?
i mean in the logistic, the storage for raw materials are almost always empty o near empty?
maybe you just dont have enough resources to begin with and so your factory stop from time to time and you cant fullfill your production chain

have you set your trade rules to not sell wares needed for production to any faction?
maybe some faction traders took large amount of wares and leave you with not enough material to support your production chain

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 04:47

How much workforce does it actually have right now. Ans every time you build a ship, and give it crew, unleaa you have extra workforce, you're taking it from the workers you need to keep production balanced.

Alao, depending on how you kit your ships, certain components get used much quicker. Putting mk4 engines uses a LOT of engines parts, same with weapon components. Hull parts, engine parts, and weapon components are the three quickest depleting parts.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 05:02

My understanding is a buzy shipyard will always run into supply blocks, no matter how well you feed it.
You'll always have one ware that feeds just a bit slower than the others. If you fix it, it moves to the next in line. If you fix them all, you start selling more ships, until you run into a supply block.

As for your medical supply shortage, maybe you got hacked by a pirate? I don't see what else it could have been, unless you got an extended shortage of water.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 00:42

What is the location, who is the station selling ships to? The parts it puts on the ships cost different amounts of materials so if you sell to npcs, you can't really control that and you're gonna hit a limit on materials somewhere. Just is what it is. NPCs might order a ship with top of the line equipment that uses tons of a certain mat, or they might order a mk 1 pulse laser. You can't really adjust production for those kind of differences. Long as it's not losing money, not worth worrying about.

Return to “X4: Foundations”