Ai traders not moving

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

joeobrien22

Ai traders not moving

Post by joeobrien22 » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 01:53

So, I've got 300 hours in, I've now installed 4.0 and COH recently and am getting a new "bug". Certain freighters are now not moving, a dock, dock and wait, and two execute trades are visible as always, but the ships won't move, i cancel the orders and they go back to searching for trades. It SEEMS that the ones with Terran destinations are stuck, but the destinations are not in restricted systems... What's going on?

af_2017
x4

Re: Ai traders not moving

Post by af_2017 » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 10:45

joeobrien22 wrote:
Thu, 24. Jun 21, 01:53
but the destinations are not in restricted systems...
The only possible route to the destination might pass through one of the restricted systems.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

joeobrien22

Post by joeobrien22 » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 12:22

af_2017 wrote:
Thu, 24. Jun 21, 10:45
joeobrien22 wrote:
but the destinations are not in restricted systems...
The only possible route to the destination might pass through one of the restricted systems.
Unfortunately that's not the case. Other ships and traders are moving just fine to the same systems. If I issue a fly and wait command and place it before the others, they will work just fine.
I just gained full access to Terran system and it's still happening. All other systems in the path are friendly.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 12:35

It could still be restrictions as these can be set per-ship as well as globally. However, it's going to be pretty much impossible for anyone to guess whether the problem is a game issue or something in the way you've set up your ships without a savegame. If you upload one to a file-hosting site and provide a link then I'm sure someone will take a look. :)

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 12:45

joeobrien22 wrote:
So, I've got 300 hours in, I've now installed 4.0 and COH recently and am getting a new "bug". Certain freighters are now not moving, a dock, dock and wait, and two execute trades are visible as always, but the ships won't move, i cancel the orders and they go back to searching for trades. It SEEMS that the ones with Terran destinations are stuck, but the destinations are not in restricted systems... What's going on?
A much simpler idea: Check the commands of the traders, sometimes a 'Fly and Wait' command persists on top of the queue, and the 'Default Behavior' is never reached. Autotrade is a default behavior, and deleting the command above it helps immediately.

joeobrien22

Post by joeobrien22 » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 03:46

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 24. Jun 21, 12:35
It could still be restrictions as these can be set per-ship as well as globally. However, it's going to be pretty much impossible for anyone to guess whether the problem is a game issue or something in the way you've set up your ships without a savegame. If you upload one to a file-hosting site and provide a link then I'm sure someone will take a look. :)
I'll try to upload a save after my work weekend, but the only blacklist i have is to avoid xenon sectors (which are not in their highlighted path.) I've reset the individual ships orders multiple times. I've not changed anything I used to do before COH and 4.0.
Even in my last game they were working with both 4.0 and COH installed, just seems my Terran start is giving me issues for some reason... Oh well, I'll keep messing with it, doesn't seem like anyone else is having this issue as far as I can tell.

joeobrien22

Post by joeobrien22 » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 03:50

Good Wizard wrote:
Thu, 24. Jun 21, 12:45
joeobrien22 wrote:
A much simpler idea: Check the commands of the traders, sometimes a 'Fly and Wait' command persists on top of the queue, and the 'Default Behavior' is never reached. Autotrade is a default behavior, and deleting the command above it helps immediately.
Much appreciated, but I've deleted all behaviors and commands already, I've had a few bugs in the past 300 hours, but this one doesn't jive with the mechanics of the game. My blacklists and orders aren't interfering, they have the order, highlighted path, nothing in the way, and just don't move until I delete all orders or add a "fly to" order right next to the station they are going to trade at and put it at the top of the list before "dock".

Return to “X4: Foundations”