Repeat Orders

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

Repeat Orders

Post by Trevelvis » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 11:14

I have my trade ship to repeat orders but when I give him somewhere to buy from and somewhere to sell to, he just sits there and it’s saying executing on buy then straight away to executing sell then keeps doing this again and again without moving, the prices are set so it’s possible but nothing. It also says in Command that it is none

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Repeat Orders

Post by euclid » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 13:22

There can be several reasons but before I start guessing, could you add -logfile debuglog.txt to the executable? It should look like this: "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\X4 Foundations\X4.exe" -logfile debuglog.txt". Then give the order again and check the debuglog file which should be in a folder near your saved games.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 18:59

euclid wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 13:22
There can be several reasons but before I start guessing, could you add -logfile debuglog.txt to the executable? It should look like this: "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\X4 Foundations\X4.exe" -logfile debuglog.txt". Then give the order again and check the debuglog file which should be in a folder near your saved games.

Cheers Euclid
I am sorry but that is way too complicated for me, I tried to find it but not exactly know what i am looking for. I will try again but its confusing the hell out of me, I have Aspergers and certain learning difficulties abd never been good at any of this, its a real struggle just trying to play the game as put it off months after a got it to have the courage to try it and i think its only because i watch the guides to even attempt it, Thanks anyway

dark7np
x4

Post by dark7np » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 20:00

Sounds like it can't execute the buy order for some reason, then it has nothing to sell, and it repeats. Check the price that you set, if the offer you're trying it still there and for a lower price and such?

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 23:16

dark7np wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 20:00
Sounds like it can't execute the buy order for some reason, then it has nothing to sell, and it repeats. Check the price that you set, if the offer you're trying it still there and for a lower price and such?
I have made sure to give them plenty of scope for buying and selling and it definitely should be able to buy, the only thing i can think of is the range isn't right but cant remember setting that up as haven't come across that i don't think ?

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 02:15

Welcome to X4 where one simply automation as to pick up good "A" from point "B" and then carry good "A" to point "C" is impossible. This is the 56734th thread about this. Surely they will fix it in 3.10 wont they? :rant:

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 03:23

Mine does the same, checked buy/sell prices, product availability, etc., however no good. My guess is a bug somewhere.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 09:51

KopiG wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 02:15
Welcome to X4 where one simply automation as to pick up good "A" from point "B" and then carry good "A" to point "C" is impossible. This is the 56734th thread about this. Surely they will fix it in 3.10 wont they? :rant:
The thread is named Repeat orders that only came out with 4.0 so think your thread count might be exaggerated slightly

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 09:56

The ship's captain will need to know the buy/sell offers at the respective stations
either via satellite or trade offer subscription
If that's not the problem you may have incorrectly set up the trade parameters

https://youtu.be/hhn_COZESQI?t=478
the above covers all things "repeat orders"

Return to “X4: Foundations”