how to find defense station - Resolved.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mediacenter
x4

how to find defense station - Resolved.

Post by mediacenter » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 17:46

hello
im in war against hop as usual and i destroy every station in true sight
the problem is that apparently they have one defense station hidden in the sector and i cant find it

im here searching for hours now, and im not even overestimate

no ? popup after milion scan, no visual clue
im bored to death, why npc has to place station so far away from gate? whats the point of getting resources after hours if not at all? what the hell are they defending in the middle of void?

but more importantly how can i find this ****** station without spend all day searching?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: how to find defense station

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 18:31

Are you sure they still have an Admin Module somewhere in there?

If it is shown as belonging to HOP now, the sector will not change ownership until only one faction other than HOP has any Admin Modules or equivalent in there. If there are more than one other factions with one or more Admin Modules/Shipyards/Wharves/etc in there then the sector will stay shown as HOP (Contested).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 21:26

What Alan said a common reason a sector does not switch. Also, the AI is fond of building defense stations either far above or below the ecliptic. So try looking up and down too. Sometimes they will build far enough up or down for the station not to get picked up with a long range scan if you are scanning level to the ecliptic, so scan facing a little up and down too.

The good news is I haven't personally seen a station that is BOTH far from the center on the map and also very high/low.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 20:16

mediacenter wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 17:46
hello
the problem is that apparently they have one defense station hidden in the sector and i cant find it

im bored to death, why npc has to place station so far away from gate? whats the point of getting resources after hours if not at all? what the hell are they defending in the middle of void?

but more importantly how can i find this ****** station without spend all day searching?

There is a cheat around this..

Fly to the Sector you are looking for the HOP Station and then "Claim a Plot" and before you place your plot in that space, you will notice areas on the map that you can't place your plot at, Jump Gates, Stations etc.
But one of those 'no build areas' will be your HOP Defence Platform location.
It's how i've found several Xenon Defence Stations, Wharfs, Shipyards etc. that they have too well hidden.

If it doesn't appear? Then it is beyond the Hexagon, you'll need to scout deeper into that space, leave some satellites.
Then try again with the above 'Claim Plot' Method.

Egosoft should plug up that exploit?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 12:27

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 18:31
Are you sure they still have an Admin Module somewhere in there?

If it is shown as belonging to HOP now, the sector will not change ownership until only one faction other than HOP has any Admin Modules or equivalent in there. If there are more than one other factions with one or more Admin Modules/Shipyards/Wharves/etc in there then the sector will stay shown as HOP (Contested).
you have right

ant station prevent me to take over the sector
i blow up the admin centre with my asgard and the sector became immediately mine

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 12:29

spankahontis wrote:
Sun, 20. Jun 21, 20:16
mediacenter wrote:
hello

Fly to the Sector you are looking for the HOP Station and then "Claim a Plot" and before you place your plot in that space, you will notice areas on the map that you can't place your plot at, Jump Gates, Stations etc.
It's how i've found several Xenon Defence Stations, Wharfs, Shipyards etc. that they have too well hidden.

If it doesn't appear? Then it is beyond the Hexagon, you'll need to scout deeper into that space, leave some satellites.

i already know this exploit but i believed that it was fixed in 4.0 and so i dont even tryed to look that way

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 19:47

mediacenter wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 12:29
spankahontis wrote:
mediacenter wrote:
hello

i already know this exploit but i believed that it was fixed in 4.0 and so i dont even tryed to look that way
I think the only change is that the FOW needs to be exposed before you can do that.
Until they implement some better way of hunting down stations, the current system should be kept as is.

dark7np
x4

Re: how to find defense station - Resolved.

Post by dark7np » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 19:56

Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that I found a station that way in FOW in 4.0.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 16:07

mediacenter wrote:
spankahontis wrote:
mediacenter wrote:
hello

It hasn't been fixed, I used it in the most recent 4.10 Beta.
Although, my most recent playthrough started in 4.0 Beta.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 00:29

spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 24. Jun 21, 16:07
mediacenter wrote:
spankahontis wrote:

good to know, it was very veeery usefull back in the day when i wipe out xenon (when they can actually fight back)

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 16:42

mediacenter wrote:
Fri, 25. Jun 21, 00:29
spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 24. Jun 21, 16:07
mediacenter wrote:

good to know, it was very veeery usefull back in the day when i wipe out xenon (when they can actually fight back)
The Xenon are still fighting back in my playthrough (Despite the Defence storage Bug slowing them down, fixed in 4.10 thank god), despite being reduced to Matrix #9, Atiya's Misfortune I + II and half of Faulty Logic, which are all on their way out, but then HOP is also reduced to just True Sight as the Godrealm have gone into overdrive, the largest Faction in the Game now, followed closely by Zyarth Patriarchy which I now regret helping them with the Curb.
cause the Xenon have pooled all their resources in Scale Plate Green which they have expanded as far as Hewa's Twin II and III, one more Hewa's Twin Sector left and their whole Death Horde can concentrate on Trinity Sanctum. They have a combined Godrealm, Teladi and Terran alliance to fight off.
Xenon looked like they were going to break through 8x K's, 1x I and about 100 Xenon Fighters in an epic battle with 3 Factions throwing everything at them.

I'm thinking once the Xenon have managed to capture the entirety of Hewa's Twin? The Teladi will stop fighting and then it's the Godrealm and the Terrans on their own, which might be enough for the Xenon to press forward.

Return to “X4: Foundations”