Restock Drones & Stuck Traders - Partly a misunderstanding.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Restock Drones & Stuck Traders - Partly a misunderstanding.

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 14:50

Well ... it would seem that I have encountered a bug. I have a station with 5 assigned traders that were going along just fine until I stocked the drones, now they just sit there searching. I have built many stations previously & always add some of each drone and leave the restock button on (which is default) without issue so far. I am only on my 2nd station in this game, the 1st station is running fine, and this is the 1st time I've encountered this issue.

If you uncheck the 'restock-auto' box, the count goes to 0 even though you had 12 there.
If you exit & re-enter the overview it's still at 0.
If you then slide the counter back up to 12 it appears to need components until you exit & re-enter the overview.
Now it has the 12 without the restock option selected, but the traders are still searching for trades. (there are some need of my wares within this same sector and they were trading before)
If you un-assign all traders and re-assign, same issue, they never find a 1st trade and just hover near the station.
If you un-assign the manager and all traders & re-re-assign one at a time, same issue
If you re-select the auto-restock drones option you de-selected, no change.
If you de-select the auto-restock of all drones via all the steps above, no change.
If you add more drones to the count, the traders will go get components, but will not find trades for your wares (no change).

I'm sure someone else has seen or heard of this .. what's next?

Oh, and I'm an experienced station operator, all my wares are the correct prices, with the correct rules, and my wares are in need (Med Supplies & Nostrop Oil) and all 5 of the traders have trading logs showing they were working 4hrs ago before I started messing with all the buttons & sliders.

Thanks,

=Baddieus=

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Restock Drones & Stuck Traders

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 15:46

"If you uncheck the 'restock-auto' box, the count goes to 0 even though you had 12 there." Are you sure that the count isn't how many more to restock? Hence setting it to 12 could mean you wanted another 12 drones (to make 24 in all) and so the traders start to panic and look for smartchips and drone components etc. Just a wild theory as I have no relevant gamecode or UI knowledge.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Baddieus
x4

Re: Restock Drones & Stuck Traders

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 15:48

Oops ... this was my fault, even though all that about the drones still happens, the traders were stuck because I set a limit on the Nostrop Oil & Med Supplies storage space, which seems to have removed all sell orders. I reset the auto-storage limit and the sell orders re-appears, then about 30 seconds later the traders all started moving again. The plan was to set a limit so that I could grow the station later without over-supply of food & meds taking up too much storage, but I guess will have to deal with that later.

Baddieus
x4

Re: Restock Drones & Stuck Traders - Partly a misunderstanding.

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 16:02

Checking my other station ... it has a limit on storage space for e-cells & does not seem to offer them for sale because of it.

Not sure if this is by design or a bug, but I don't see the need for 100K energy cells on a station producing Graphene & Teladianium which are large items and need the more space. I set the e-cells to a 50K storage limit, and am still good with selling them because the station produces wayyy more than necessary, but because of the limit they are not being offered for sale.

Any thoughts?

=Baddieus=

Return to “X4: Foundations”