Derelict Spelunking

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Derelict Spelunking

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 01:40

I remember when one of my early game activities was searching out & salvaging within the derelict ships to sell the items found at pirate bases. That is no longer an option until a high rank is reached with the pirates, which by the time I get ranked up enough, then I usually have a good stream of profit from traders, miners, or stations. Which now means that there really is not a good reason for me to go derelict spelunking either in early or late game. So, I would like to suggest the possibility of alternate items to find within the derelicts to make them worthy anytime ...

Parts for ship mods like we get from missions
Parts for SETA drive
Rare or even 1-off Skins for our ships
Blueprints for weapons
Blueprints for ships
Multi-Star pilot manuals
Multi-Star management manuals
Credits ... like $50k or more even.
Fine Meals & First Aid Kits

More of the other illegal inventory than the current Security Bypass, which seems to be the only thing I find lately.
Hallucinogens, Delerium, Sedatives, Spacefly Eggs & Caviar, EMP's, Suit Bombs, etc ...

Or even go so far as to have a mission which requires derelict spelunking to retrieve items instead of just lock-box missions.

=Baddieus=

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Re: Derelict Spelunking

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 08:24

That sounds like a good idea. They could also make it more interesting by adding a few obstacles, maybe even dangerous areas.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

grapedog
x4

Re: Derelict Spelunking

Post by grapedog » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 09:14

I did one of these a few weeks ago, after not having done one in like a year. While the activity can be fun, the rewards are not worthwhile. Especially with how many friggin lockboxes pop up on the map, which give you mostly the same stuff, and are much much easier to get.

Return to “X4: Foundations”