A picture that shows the xenon status in the game

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 23:17

Hello everybody,

I just notice this in my game: https://ibb.co/k3jbW9P

The Teladi just conquer SPG VII.

All hail the mighty teladi...wariors!?..the vanquishers of the xenon!? :lol:

Need to make sure I never upset them... :D

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: A picture that shows the xenon status in the game

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 23:30

Frankly doesn't really surprise me all that much - Teladi have been one of the more expansionistic factions in several of my games. Think it's because potential fleet size takes amount of territory held into consideration. Teladi have a lot of sectors so, if they can get enough resources (& they'll trade with almost everyone), they have the potential to build a fairly huge fleet of their own. This is what they ended up building in one of my games, just to defend a single sector: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39chopkrlh93y ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 23:44

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 23:30
Frankly doesn't really surprise me all that much - Teladi have been one of the more expansionistic factions in several of my games. Think it's because potential fleet size takes amount of territory held into consideration. Teladi have a lot of sectors so, if they can get enough resources (& they'll trade with almost everyone), they have the potential to build a fairly huge fleet of their own. This is what they ended up building in one of my games, just to defend a single sector: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39chopkrlh93y ... 1.jpg?dl=0
In 3.3 they would not make it past the gates of SPG sectors :) Even so, with their new role as xenon annihilators, they lose shipyards and wharfs to the lonely FAF Rattlesnake... :gruebel:

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:16

Gone are the days where I would have to help blockade Hewa's Twin I, where Ianamus Zura's trading station was doomed from the start and where MIN would lose it's wharf to a K/I kill team raiding eighteen billions... :o
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:17

Ragnos28 wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 23:17
the vanquishers of the xenon!? :lol:
Everybody is since the 4.00, and despite it was one of the two major problems with mining, nothing was done in the 4.1.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:25

Malchar wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:17
Ragnos28 wrote:
the vanquishers of the xenon!? :lol:
Everybody is since the 4.00, and despite it was one of the two major problems with mining, nothing was done in the 4.1.
Not yet, but the devs did mention it's WIP. The current 4.10 changelog is about stuff that's completed.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:51

Malchar wrote:
...nothing was done in the 4.1.
That is not true. There is an entry that says:

• Improved low attention combat involving multiple capital ships.

This is very relevant to how battles involving the Xenon turn out when the player isn't present.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 01:18

Ok, it is fairly possible that disapointment make me a bit acid these time. However for what I can see from the 4.1 what as been started to correct the situation need to be finished before we come back to the pre v4.00 with xenons.

For battle turn bad when player is not here to micro manage all and everything it is the only thing stable and recurent for all released patches :wink:

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 08:00

I think another big factor isn’t the Teladi themselves, but the fact Terrans send their Intervention fleets throughout the galaxy and soften the Xenon for the other factions.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 09:24

Malchar wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 01:18
For battle turn bad when player is not here to micro manage all and everything it is the only thing stable and recurent for all released patches :wink:
In this case we really wish the battles to "turn more bad", don't we? :xenon:
Ragnos28 wrote:
That is not the "whole picture".

Xenon can have multiple fleets. When they lose one, they do rebuild (just like any faction). Unlike most factions, Xenon tend to have multiple Shipyards and are thus less likely to rebuild where they suffered casualties.

Is SPG I their last base, or are they filling some other bases to max quota now?

A good shepherd culls the overcrowded spots to get the flock spread more evenly to pastures, and keeps the wolves (TER/TEL) away/dead.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 09:37

BelatedHero wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 08:00
I think another big factor isn’t the Teladi themselves, but the fact Terrans send their Intervention fleets throughout the galaxy and soften the Xenon for the other factions.
Usually, it is...but SPG is on the other side of the map...and from the info provided by my satelite network in the area...all the terrans had there was one "potato for an engine and a slingshot for a turett" fleet that I build for them :mrgreen:

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 09:52

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 09:24
Ragnos28 wrote:
That is not the "whole picture".

Xenon can have multiple fleets. When they lose one, they do rebuild (just like any faction). Unlike most factions, Xenon tend to have multiple Shipyards and are thus less likely to rebuild where they suffered casualties.

Is SPG I their last base, or are they filling some other bases to max quota now?
What I wanted to ilustrate was that in 3.3, the teladi would not dare pass the gates of SPG sectors w/o the player wiping out about 90% of the xenon forces in there :)
Ahh, by any chance...remember how dificult was in 3.3 to transfer ownership of SPG VII to your faction, cuz xenon construction sites would poop up all over the place? Yeah, good times :D

SPG I is not the last base (thankfully) but I will go there and destroy it in order to pay my respects to the Teladi - the overlords of the universe :lol:

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 09:59

Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:16
Gone are the days where I would have to help blockade Hewa's Twin I, where Ianamus Zura's trading station was doomed from the start and where MIN would lose it's wharf to a K/I kill team raiding eighteen billions... :o
I used to build these for them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLGzoanFueU :lol:

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 10:45

BelatedHero wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 08:00
If terrans have a responsability it is marginal. I play without COH, and since the V4.0 xenons are inepts, passives and are humilated by every faction.

Only xenons from atiya seems to have some activities.

dark7np
x4

Post by dark7np » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 14:53

In my game, without COH and Split, only added split recently, they did the same. I helped with Scale Plate Green I a bit, but the resistance was already broken. Same with Atyas Misfortune and Faulty Logic, ANT and HOP cleaned that out by themselves, HOP mostly. Even before the split sectors and factions were added to my game. Only thing I did to stop the Xenons was add a defense station to Hatikvah's Choice at the Tharka gate so my traders would stop getting killed there.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 16:23

I've started testing the beta, so far Tharkas Cascade is brimming with K's and I's.
I have to wait a bit for the beta to show its effects, but xenon seam to be very active.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 16:36

A typical picture since 4.0.
In my current game they still have "Matrix #9" (sort of properly, with a Wharf and a Shipyard), "Scale Plate Green I" (unsure about the status) and "Atiya's Misfortune I" (most probably only nominally because of ANT/HOP interlock). And I have slaughtered them personally only in the "Tharka's Cascade -- Savage Spur" cluster because HAT is a non-faction and did nothing to fight (otherwise, I suppose, all that territory would be colored turquoise by now :) ).

That is with CoH, but without SV, by the way. This setup, IMHO, heavily skews the balance against the Xenon, as the CoH adds another super-powerful faction hell-bent on eliminating them and only a single new XEN sector (with a logistics trap to boot). Luckily, when I add SV, the XEN will have their chance to recoup in SV sectors.

P.S. Teladi are on my list next. They need to be punished for harboring SCA and looting for territory while everyone else is busy in-fighting.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 17:31

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:51
Malchar wrote:

This is very relevant to how battles involving the Xenon turn out when the player isn't present.
You’d really need to find a way to bring them back in games like OP. In my opinion the only feasible way that won’t affect anyone else would be to introduce a new plot line that unlock new xenon sectors adjacent to the current ones from where they will try to spread again. Those sector would also need sufficient resources. Sure developing a plot (however long that will be) is additional work. You could at least just add some sectors and put some fleets in and maybe make it optional by talking to Dal. 4.00 heavily screwed them up and it took more than 3 month now until some changes appeared in beta branch.

Might be just my opinion and you most likely don’t care but for me that’s a reason to just abandon X4 now. I’m not inclined to start over again because you released 4.00 in such a poor balanced state and took way too long to fix it. I really hope you do something about it with the 4.10 release version though.

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 17:33

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:51
Malchar wrote:

Sorry CBJ but the mining doesnt work wel at all. The Xenon are getting starved and like this the game is very boring and completely out of balance.
Its no problem for any faction to push back the xenon now and with the terron sending in very powerfull ships. you can just sit back and relax. the xenon are no thread at all anymore.

I started using a mod which increases mine densitity and in my game the xenon are present everywhere and really being the thread they where in 3.3
So I politely ask you to adjust the mining fearture again so it wont affect the game that much. A roll back would be better so i can stop using the mining mod.

I prefer to play the game in vanilla but in the state it is in now, this is impossible.

garffield
x4

Post by garffield » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 08:47

I'm not really sure whether it is related to the mining changes as for myself and also the other factions there appears to be no shortage on solid/liquid resources. I only had to build dedicated mining stations. However, there apparently is something wrong with the Xenon as they do send out some fleets (including Ks and sometimes an additional I) but their fleets get vaporised rather soon by any faction.
So I also started using a MOD that reduces the build cost and time for Xenon stations and ships to about half the vanilla cost. Still Xenon struggle hard to survive as they virtually loose all fights against ships or stations.

I made a backup of my vanilla game and hope that the Xenon will find back their former strength and become at least some kind of challenge again.

Return to “X4: Foundations”