[Suggestion] AI trade offers.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

[Suggestion] AI trade offers.

Post by S!rAssassin » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 05:52

I think, it’s dumb, but stations doesn’t offer its products or needs of resources to others!
Make galactic service with trade offers of AI station with critical needs of resources or full of products!
I know, trade subscribe, mission offers for resources already in game, but manual trade very difficult. It is require many satellite and many hours of travel between sectors to view mission offers and trade offers. Ore expensive trade subscribe.

kmunoz
x4

Re: [Suggestion] AI trade offers.

Post by kmunoz » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 06:07

This is already done with the trade filters on the map. Essentially the stations are notifying the player of what they're offering and at what prices, and it's up to you to decide whether to accept or refuse.

However I could see some value, at least in the roleplaying aspect, in having trade offers show up as Missions. However, the best way for this to happen as Missions is as specific trade runs: pick up the ware at the station, drop it off at another station. You would not pay for the goods on pickup or receive money for the goods on dropoff - you'd only get the value of the contract.

That kind of Mission would be much more like the way trade and shipping actually work in the modern developed world. Most truckers aren't buying and selling what they transport, they're just taking contracts for those transports. ("Space trading" games are unrealistic in this respect. Sure, one could argue that things will go back to the way they were in pre-industrial society where traders would buy, transport and then sell as self-contained private enterprises... but I doubt it.)

Apart from this specific type of "trade offer" I don't see how there would be any advantage gained beyond the use of the existing trade filters on the map, since they already do exactly what you're talking about, by showing both the ware volume at the station and the requested/offered price.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 12:33

The tradefilter can provide all this info, but it has big flaws which make it very unwieldy for getting a general overview. That's why so many don't know what they should build or how their game's economy is actually doing. What it lacks the most, etc.

First off the default filter settings make no sense. You need to disable small and medium volumes to get useful trading information (3 colored balls = quantity). Its stupid to filter out the highest priced goods (230 units of spaceweed, 12 advanced electronics) while it should actually show you the important quantity trades (173.846 antimatter cells, 83.839 metals)

And then in the zoomed out view you only ever get data of 1 station. This is only part of the big picture. What you actually want to know are the total quantities in this entire area you're looking at right now. But this is buried by sector in the encyclopedia.

Thats exactly what Egosoft needs to bring to the main map! Just imagine the level of QoL a color coded supply/demand mapmode could add.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 18:28

kmunoz wrote:
Wed, 16. Jun 21, 06:07
This is already done with the trade filters on the map. Essentially the stations are notifying the player of what they're offering and at what prices, and it's up to you to decide whether to accept or refuse.
Yes, but it’s require satellite near station or recon. My suggestion is trade missions for trade with stations in deep space, far from trade routes. Those missions may be on faction trading stations.
kmunoz wrote:
Wed, 16. Jun 21, 06:07
However I could see some value, at least in the roleplaying aspect, in having trade offers show up as Missions. However, the best way for this to happen as Missions is as specific trade runs: pick up the ware at the station, drop it off at another station. You would not pay for the goods on pickup or receive money for the goods on dropoff - you'd only get the value of the contract.
Great idea! :thumb_up: Transport missions may also be on faction trading stations.

Return to “X4: Foundations”