Teladi Trading Station has no defense modules and is still holding sector control?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Diroc
x4

Teladi Trading Station has no defense modules and is still holding sector control?

Post by Diroc » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 03:56

I've removed all the Defense modules from a Teladi Trading station.
I was attempting to flip the system to my control.
Do I have to destroy the entire station to get control of the sector or is a non-defense module taking the place of the admin module for this station?

BelatedHero
x4

Re: Teladi Trading Station has no defense modules and is still holding sector control?

Post by BelatedHero » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 05:24

I've never attacked a Teladi Trading Station before, so it is entirely possible there are special rules with it given they are special looking stations. However other causes are:
1) there is another admin module somewhere else you aren't aware of
2) they are in the process of rebuilding an admin section and it is invisible because it hasn't constructed much yet. Look at the local map to see what modules are under construction
3) there is a second faction that also has an admin station in section. Faction control flips when only one faction still has admin modules, not when the current owner has none. So if the teladi have one, the Xenon have one, and you have two, if you were to kill the teladi, the sector would remain owned by Teladi until you also kill the Xenon station. Even though you have more than the Xenon and the Teladi now have none.

Diroc
x4

Re: Teladi Trading Station has no defense modules and is still holding sector control?

Post by Diroc » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 06:07

The Teladi station had no defense modules.. Unknown defense modules would be ??? in the list. Defense modules heading disappeared entirely from the list with the elimination of the last one. The zone had no admin modules in other stations. If it did, there would be a shield (Defense station Icon). I Did not see any trace of Kha'ak either. Zone is Hewa's Twin 1 Visibility is good. (Except for the gas cloud which doesn't contain anything.) Modules under construction don't count as far as I'm aware. There are no unknown station plots that show up on the map as an exclusion zone when mock creating a plot that would indicate a station since last visit to the areas already explored.

If I remember correctly, the defence modules were:
Main docking area with the rotating hexagon of medium fighter pads
The extension behind it.
The maintenence ring around that.
The centre ring in front of the main docking area in the centre of the large habitat ring
4 clamps (2 per side) on the sides of the large habitat ring.

Removing these removed the defense module category from the list of modules.

Does anyone know if this is an all or nothing scenario. Control of the system OR a Trading station? 3 traders in 1 station is a handy station to have around.

I was hoping to flip the system control then let them rebuild the removed modules. Removing the entire station seems pretty extreme.
Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 08:37

Admin modules aren't the only things with sector claim functionality.
L/XL ship building/maintenance modules have sector claim functionality as well.

As for the Teledi Trading Station...it turns out the very station itself has sector claim functionality, which can only be "disabled" by turning the whole thing into a smoldering wreck.
Better start killing those lizards.

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 09:44

I was prepared for the Defense modules but not the whole station. I will come back to it better prepared from a save immediately prior to the offensive. (More stolen SCA Minotaur Raiders filled with mines) Perhaps even an Asgard or two. The insight into the L/XL ship maintenance and ship building modules is Solid Gold info I was not anticipating. Much appreciated.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 12:17

Berserk Knight wrote:
Wed, 16. Jun 21, 08:37
As for the Teledi Trading Station...it turns out the very station itself has sector claim functionality, which can only be "disabled" by turning the whole thing into a smoldering wreck.
Better start killing those lizards.
Terrans have at least two "Trading Station" type designs. (The other has "Supply" in the name or something.)
All to dust is the only option with them too. Luckily, dead Terran is a good Terran.

The other case, where ownership stays -- although contested -- is when original owner is gone but before it left there were already two contenders. Example: HOP had a sector. Both ANT and ARG did contest. I did eradicate HOP admins. Sector did stay under HOP control. It was hilarious when I attacked ARG (to give ANT uncontested ownership) and HOP "dead, but in control" ignored all ARG pleas for help and justice.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”