[Request] Menus and QOL

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LordAmaury

[Request] Menus and QOL

Post by LordAmaury » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 20:28

Hi everyone,

I play with a x360 controller and I would like the dev team to add a simple "autopilot" line in each target sub-menu, autopilot is only available with basic motorways for some reason but not with anything else as far as I know. Right now if I want to autopilot my ship to something in sight I need to firstly open the target menu and set a route, and then secondly open the main menu to activate autopilot (maybe there is a shortcut on the controller to do that ?).

Also with the same idea of menus QOL I wanted to ask if it would it be possible to create some radial menu like in X Rebirth instead of directly displaying the full menu each time I need to do a basic action ?

I understand it would not be convenient for everyone so I think it would be better to let the player choose to activate or deactivate this feature.

Another exemple is when using scanner, there isn't any shortcut on the controler as far as I know so for now I need to open the menu to activate the scan, and then to reopen it to close the scan, same for travel mode etc etc...so each time I need to open the menu twice to do basic actions. I guess it is not an issue for a keyboard user as there are shortcuts for almost everything but for a controller player it's not smooth at all.

I think the game would highly benefit of such a feature, this in particular for players that don't have enough buttons on their controller and without multi-button binding, so I guess even a joystick player would benefit from that. Is multi-button binding possible ? I tried yesterday that but I didn't managed to get it working.

Thank you all for your reading, I hope this post to be read by a dev and be at least considered as a future improvement :-)

Return to “X4: Foundations”