Game thinks I am Playing on XBox?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MOCO
x4

Game thinks I am Playing on XBox?

Post by MOCO » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 16:34

Hi

I have just started play X4 Foundations on PC (Steam).

I am currently going through the flying tutorial. I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick.

I am the point in the tutorial where I am being asked to fire upon a stationary target. The instructions on screen are telling me to use the Right Trigger to fire my primary weapons. Why? I am not playing on XBox. I also cannot find any settings for weapons key bindings.

Why is the game asking me to use Right Trigger when I do not have an XBox controller attached?
How to I rebind weapons to new keys?

Many thanks.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Game thinks I am Playing on XBox?

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 22:42

MOCO wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 16:34
The instructions on screen are telling me to use the Right Trigger to fire my primary weapons. Why? I am not playing on XBox.
Most controllers should have a right trigger, including from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. I am guessing the issue might be due to using the controller API where the joy stick might be mapped to the generic controller buttons. However I do not have experience using a controller or joystick with X4.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 22:46

At the beginning of the flying tutorial, when you are in the room, he should have asked you, if you want to load preconfigured controller mapping, or something like that. You can do that in the settings anyway afterwards, there should be some predefined configs for different controllers available.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

MOCO
x4

Post by MOCO » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 12:58

Feeling a little dumb here.

When the game was instructing me to use down on the D-Pad, it was not referring to an XBox controller, but to the little HAT switch thing on my joystick.

I will crawl away now. :oops:

Thank you to you both for trying to help.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 15:59

I'm using the exact same joystick.
It works pretty well and the game allows you to map it exactly the way you want. Just do so.
The exact wording used by the tutorial is nothing to worry about.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations”