Help with build missions please

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

daymo12345
x4

Help with build missions please

Post by daymo12345 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 11:48

The problem i have is if i build the station to spec for the build missions, the stations dont actually produce any goods because it is not a fully functional station. Will the faction the build mission is for add more modules to the station themself to make it work ? or what is the point of the actual structure please ?
Last edited by daymo12345 on Tue, 15. Jun 21, 13:16, edited 4 times in total.

Raptor34
x4

Re: Help with build missions please

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 12:02

What spec? The build station missions I've seen are fully functional, with the exception of having a pier.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 12:13

daymo12345 wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 11:48
The problem i have is if i build the station to spec for the build missions, the stations dont actually produce any goods because it is not a fully functional station. Will the faction the build mission is for add more modules to the station themself to make it work ? or what is the point of the actual structure please ?
Which mission? Can you show us some screenshots please?

daymo12345
x4

Post by daymo12345 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 13:24

one dock, one factory, 400 container storage... but completed the mission and now the factory does not produce goods because it has no solid or liquid storage....sorry i tried but dont know how to add screenshots on here. so does the missions really mean these are the specs we want(non working station which we'll pay for) but what we really want but dont state, is a functional station(which we'll also pay for) ? i built my first build mission assignment to minimum specs for the faction and all it does is sit there collecting energy cells, the faction is not trying to make the station functional by adding the modules it need to produce by goods that they asked for in the mission.
Last edited by daymo12345 on Tue, 15. Jun 21, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 14:54

What factory?

daymo12345
x4

Post by daymo12345 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 14:58

it is a computronic substrate fab, i also put an edit to my reply above, to be more clear on it. i am doing my second build mission now and i am wondering if i should do minimum specs that the ask for again or give them a fully functioning factory for just a little bit more of a price.
Last edited by daymo12345 on Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 14:59

Weird. I've only built for commonwealth factions and they generally ask for all they need.
Might be worth making a bug report if you can get a screenshot or save.

daymo12345
x4

Post by daymo12345 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:06

how do put in a screenshot on this forum, to show the now finished factory ? and the next assignment for the same factory a bit later in my game, which i dont want to fully build yet until i can get a good answer as to wether the faction is going going to make the factory produce goods for the minimun specs they have asked for ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:09

The mission briefing gives the minimum requirements. You can add further modules and surface elements etc to those as you wish. Of course if you are building for somebody else then you are giving away the extras for no further initial payment.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

daymo12345
x4

Post by daymo12345 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:17

thats true about the minimum specs but it is spoiling my immersion a little having my faction have a build i sold them that does not really work or do anything except take up space in the sector (the factory wont actually help in any way or form)...what do they need and pay for this structure for ? should i restart my game also and do build missions to the right specs(goods producing) that will actually (or maybe) make a slight change to my factions economy ? or will my faction even make an attempt at working to make this factory add some value for the cash they paid for it ? seems to me just a way for fast cash/fast fights/mega coplex type of game thing offering all that cash for elements that dont contribute anything to the game or help the economy or faction in any way. And would you not be adding the extras for a construction that adds something to the game like more an economy to work with ? why ask for these none producing factories in the first place even as a minimum spec is what i want to know if they will never do anything except add a quick and easy way to make cash for a speedier game ? i was really enjoying my current game of x4, 36 hours into the terran cadet start until i placed that factory on the map for them without thinking first, that i should make it a working factory myself.

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:41

daymo12345 wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:17
thats true about the minimum specs but it is spoiling my immersion a little having my faction have a build i sold them that does not really work or do anything except take up space in the sector (the factory wont actually help in any way or form)...what do they need and pay for this structure for ? should i restart my game also and do build missions to the right specs(goods producing) that will actually (or maybe) make a slight change to my factions economy ? or will my faction even make an attempt at working to make this factory add some value for the cash they paid for it ? seems to me just a way for fast cash/fast fights/mega coplex type of game thing offering all that cash for elements that dont contribute anything to the game or help the economy or faction in any way.
I have never noticed a case where the AI expanded a station with new modules before, so I do not think that will happen.

If the station's existence bothers you though, you do have the option to destroy it yourself (If your relationship is high enough to afford the massive hit). I know, it is not immersive either that you would attack your own faction, but if you are getting bothered over and over seeing this station, at least destroying it would only be a one time event and you can forget about it. Sort of like a "rip the bandaid off" event. You could even come up with a role play reason to do so if it helps. Like a terrorist is hiding out on the station. Or the station is infected with a contagion and you can't let the disease escape. Maybe the station computer has been taken over by a Xenon computer virus.

Leave the station there, kill it, or start over your whole game. Only you can determine which is the most prefered choice to you.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:49

BelatedHero wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:41
daymo12345 wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:17
thats true about the minimum specs but it is spoiling my immersion a little having my faction have a build i sold them that does not really work or do anything except take up space in the sector (the factory wont actually help in any way or form)...what do they need and pay for this structure for ? should i restart my game also and do build missions to the right specs(goods producing) that will actually (or maybe) make a slight change to my factions economy ? or will my faction even make an attempt at working to make this factory add some value for the cash they paid for it ? seems to me just a way for fast cash/fast fights/mega coplex type of game thing offering all that cash for elements that dont contribute anything to the game or help the economy or faction in any way.
I have never noticed a case where the AI expanded a station with new modules before, so I do not think that will happen.

If the station's existence bothers you though, you do have the option to destroy it yourself (If your relationship is high enough to afford the massive hit). I know, it is not immersive either that you would attack your own faction, but if you are getting bothered over and over seeing this station, at least destroying it would only be a one time event and you can forget about it. Sort of like a "rip the bandaid off" event. You could even come up with a role play reason to do so if it helps. Like a terrorist is hiding out on the station. Or the station is infected with a contagion and you can't let the disease escape. Maybe the station computer has been taken over by a Xenon computer virus.

Leave the station there, kill it, or start over your whole game. Only you can determine which is the most prefered choice to you.
They do expand. But generally in response to needs.
TER generally doesn't need more factories but my HAT shipyard tagged on a hull part or refined metal module. Spoiling the symmetry.

daymo12345
x4

Post by daymo12345 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:55

haha i know i am 36 hours in, but i only have one medium and 2 small military ships. lost 2 of my fighters with a little skirmish against the xenon, how am i going to destroy one of my own factions factories in the middle of mars ? the whole terran fleet would soon be upon me which would be very immersive and believable. but i guess all you need are non-producing factory build missions to take over the universe ! it seems like a small thing that could easily be fixed by just adding the right modules to mission briefings for a structure that works, and plays a part in the game once completed. although a small issue for most, sadly this has broken the immersion i have had in the game until now and restarting my game so i can build just one factory that will produce goods by just adding 2 very minor modules (small liquid and small solid) seems a step i should not really have to take.
Last edited by daymo12345 on Tue, 15. Jun 21, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 16:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:09
The mission briefing gives the minimum requirements. You can add further modules and surface elements etc to those as you wish. Of course if you are building for somebody else then you are giving away the extras for no further initial payment.
The issue I’ve had here is that once you hit the minimum spec the station converts, no ask for permission it is just taken. I am curious about the changes in 4.1 as they affect build station/deliver fleets. I almost want to try a beta because of those changes.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 16:45

Fishille wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 16:11
Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:09
The issue I’ve had here is that once you hit the minimum spec the station converts, no ask for permission it is just taken. I am curious about the changes in 4.1 as they affect build station/deliver fleets. I almost want to try a beta because of those changes.
You can just stack on extra in plan build. They'll pay for the extras out of their own pockets.
But yeah, its changing in the next patch anyway.

daymo12345
x4

Post by daymo12345 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 19:57

thats good to know, i decided to continue my game and begin adding the rest of the modules to make production work myself in future missions, but do you have any idea what is going to change with this in the next patch ?

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 05:29

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:49
They do expand. But generally in response to needs.
TER generally doesn't need more factories but my HAT shipyard tagged on a hull part or refined metal module. Spoiling the symmetry.
Interesting. Good to know. I have only seen factions build new stations. Never expand existing ones.
Thanks for sharing!

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 06:26

Try this:
Plan out the min spec to finish the mission, accept the configuration, stock the build storage with the required wares. Add additional modules to make what you feel is a complete station, accept that configuration but don't supply the additional build storage materials. The AI should complete your full design given enough time.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 10:51

Sounds like a bad build mission....

I can't remember ever building a Commonwealth station that didn't have the proper storage set for min requirements. Most likely it is an oversight by the mission designer that somehow slipped through, and since CoH is new-ish, it hasn't gotten reported enough to be seen and fixed.

I'd report this in the bug forum so it can be properly looked at.

Return to “X4: Foundations”