Public Beta of 4.10 now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ashitaka-san
x4

Re: Public Beta of 4.10 now available

Post by Ashitaka-san » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 04:17

I have yet to play the beta but this explosion damage issue is worrying me a bit.

It sounds like this will nullify the ability to use large amounts of fighters to swarm a large target since you may lose quite a good deal in the explosion afterwards! Is there anything in the beta, or planned, that will still allow this strategy to be viable? I'd hate to have to resort to only using capitals in the future...

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 06:11

The beta is full of broken stuff so looks like the final version of 4.10 could be a long wait.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 15:40

Didn't they adjust excplosion damage and radius for this already in the beta in response to complaints? I'm almost sure they did.

Also...what else is broken in the beta right now?
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 12:13

hi !
Playing the public_beta - 4.10 Beta 4

There is always this problem of the merchants in the stations the "Coin des affaires" in French which is not present when one lands.

(Problem that can be solved by reloading the game, but it is ...........)

steph
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Jul 21, 13:17

.. and which is being discussed in some detail here in the beta forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 16:41

X4: Foundations 4.10 Beta 5 now available

The team continues to work diligently on the next big update for X4: Foundations. Today we have released the fifth version of the 4.10 Beta. This is a special update because Beta 5 contains the new Custom Game Start feature for the first time.

The full list of changes in 4.10 Beta 5 is available in our forum.

The new Custom Game Start feature allows players of X4: Foundations to customise certain starting conditions in the game, within limits that are set in order to maintain game balance. It is possible, for example, to influence factors such as available starting capital, sectors already explored, and relationships with other factions. Episode 2 of the Inside Egosoft Podcast includes more details about the Custom Game Start feature.

The 4.10 Beta 5 allows you to try out this new feature for the first time. We hope you enjoy it and we are looking forward to your feedback!

You should definitely take a look at the station editor in Beta 5, because there have also been a few changes here that significantly improve the station design process. This topic was also discussed in a recent podcast episode (YouTube version).

How do I take part in the Public Beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations has the opportunity to download the new 4.10 beta version. In order to ensure that beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum where they will find both the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions for participating in the beta. Follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.

We would like to thank all our beta testers for their contributions.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 17:11

Great! I've been (selfishly) waiting for the custom starts to come out before I jump on the beta. :thumb_up:

Hope to bring you some high-value (and reproducible) feedback ;)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 17:26

Yes please, feedback is very welcome. Please post it in their respective topics located in the public beta forum.

Station Editor

Budgeted Custom Game Start

MFG

Ketraar

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 18:29

Greg, pass on thx to the team for listening to my suggestion for adding AMD's FSR to the game as saw it in the beta 5 patch notes. Cant wait to have a go when 4.10 is out.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 19:40

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 17. Jul 21, 13:17
.. and which is being discussed in some detail here in the beta forum.
Ok thank !
(I'm french it's not easy to find something in English and read all things, and using the search bar is problematic, because I do not write English, everything is done with the translator which sometimes gives me wacky results :o )
Yeah i know the tip (quit and reload, At the beginning of save (start of games) the loading is not too long, but when it is a very heavy save it quickly becomes counter - productive.. even if the games are however on SSD NVme optimized)
Limit killer game !!!. Especially when it is necessary to open crate and an F5, followed by the explosion of the crate :mrgreen: , followed by reloading!

Steph

EDIT
Well let's try this beta 5 :x4:
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 14:49

What is the status of ventures return?
Will they be tested in 4.10 Beta, or close beta or pushed for later patch?

IkarusJackson1
x4

Post by IkarusJackson1 » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 20:53

Xenon K and I need faster turred repair !

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 13:31

Thanks for the star ratings on resource probes, its so much easier to understand whats a good deposit and what isnt. Huge QOL addition.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 14:54

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 5. Aug 21, 13:31
Thanks for the star ratings on resource probes, its so much easier to understand whats a good deposit and what isnt. Huge QOL addition.
Agreed! I was thrown off by the different amounts per resource previously - couldn't tell if 0.05 hydrogen was as good as 2.0 silicon. But this demystifies it completely.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 7. Aug 21, 15:28

I like the mission changes for getting ships/fleets getting loosened up. Instead of telling us exactly what needs to be on the ship(s), they just tell you what kind and let you pick it. Setting to the high preset seems to work nicely with that. No more writing down/screenshotting big lists of turrets and shields. No more low-balling ships with the absolute minimum. It also gives strong incentive to get your relations over 20 so you can access the more expensive weapons.

I've found that they do expect a ship of their own race. If the Teladi as for an M trade ship, they don't mean a Baldric. On board equipment is confusing, though. I saved a mission with a ship all ready to go, sent it to its destination, noted the reward, re-loaded, filled the ship up with advanced satellites, sent it to the destination again, and got paid again. If we weren't getting paid for consumables, I figured I would get paid the same either way. If we were, I would get a lot more for the second ship (probably too much more). What happened is I got a little more money. Not nearly enough to cover the cost of all those satellites but definitely not 0, either. Errr....? The ship was using the high preset, so maybe there's a cap on pay? Or just a cap on pay for consumables?

It's there for stations, too, but its hobbled by the fact that you can't see what the value is for what you're building. Well, not quickly anyway. If you make a station, save the plan, then start a new budget save, you can select your plan and see its value. Hopefully that number can be stuck somewhere convenient on the station plan window, too. It should make for a lot better stations than the low-ball efforts of the past. We may even start putting shields on some of those turrets!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 12:34

Am I imagining it or did this patch make sectors smaller? It feels like it (very welcomed change if its the case).

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 16:01

X4: Foundations 4.10 Beta 6 now available

As we approach the end of the road that leads to the release of the 4.10 update for X4: Foundations, we are once again releasing a new beta version today. Beta 6 is now available to download, and we thank you in advance for your contributions to the beta test.

The full list of changes in 4.10 Beta 6 is available in our forum.

Multiverse Team Seasons postponed
We would also like to inform you of a change of plan regarding the release of the new "Multiverse Team Seasons" game mode. We need a little more time to make Multiverse Team Seasons into the captivating new feature we originally envisioned it to be. In order not to delay the release of the 4.10 update, including the new Custom Game Start feature and the extended Station Editor, we have therefore decided to postpone the introduction of the Multiverse Team Seasons feature. This feature will not now be part of the 4.10 update, as previously announced, and will instead be introduced in a later update for X4: Foundations.

If you would like to know more about the Multiverse Team Seasons, we recommend Episode 1 of the Inside Egosoft Podcast, in which Egosoft's founder and Managing Director Bernd Lehahn describes the new feature.

How do I take part in the Public Beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations has the opportunity to download the new 4.10 beta version. In order to ensure that beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum where they will find both the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions for participating in the beta. Follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 16:20

I‘m still missing the patch note that brings back extinct xenons from 4.0 saves :(

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Fri, 13. Aug 21, 10:29

Based on the information about postponement of the "Multiverse Team Seasons" feature, I find it hard to accept that we are further denied access to the skins, and this is ongoing already 7-8 months. Without skins X4:F is like a bland meal, like a juicy Angus beef steak without the pepper sauce :) .
Why skins weren't separated from the rest of the online features (ventures)? Why not leave old login system in place to get access to the skins and disable ventures?
After playing X4:F for so many years I have collected a nice set of skins which I can't access any more, even not having access to the skins from the Collectors Edition (Obsidian X). Thanks for all the great work so far on improving the game and adding more features to it!

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Fri, 13. Aug 21, 11:45

foxxbl wrote:
Fri, 13. Aug 21, 10:29
…I find it hard to accept that we are further denied access to the skins…
Now imagine someone who never accepts any "online" features in an offline game!
foxxbl wrote:
Fri, 13. Aug 21, 10:29
Why skins weren't separated from the rest of the online features (ventures)?
You probably intended to ask why skins were artificially tied to "online" in the first place and were unavailable to those who do not use "online" (mod users, for example)?

Anyway, since 4.00 there are way more skins available in gameplay proper via guild missions. A welcome change, I must add. And with some additional changes in 4.10 coming (faction skins availability for allied players) there will be even more (MIN/HAT/ALI skins skins of other factions which do not have guilds).

Return to “X4: Foundations”