Public Beta of 4.10 now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Public Beta of 4.10 now available

Post by Gregory » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 11:45

Since the release of the 4.00 update and the second expansion, X4: Cradle of Humanity, we have been busy working on the next big update for X4: Foundations. Today we're kicking off the public beta phase for the upcoming 4.10 update, which you too can take part in. For details on how to join the beta and share your feedback, read on.

In the 4.10 update we will be adding a couple of major new features, as well as improving some existing ones such as terraforming. In response to your feedback on the 4.00 update, we are fixing, among other things, various issues associated with mining, trading and station management. Another improvement we have made is to our graphics engine’s asset management in X4: Foundations. This should result in better use of graphics memory, and help with things like asteroids popping in.

The full changelog for the first beta version of the 4.10 update can be found at the bottom of this news.

Please note that the two key new features mentioned above will not be in the first 4.10 beta release, but are scheduled to be added in later beta versions. Below is a brief summary of what you can look forward to.

Multiverse Team Seasons
With our new ‘Multiverse Team Seasons’ online element, you and your friends will be able to organise yourselves into a team and send your ships into the Multiverse on missions and expeditions. You and your team will represent a coalition for which you will collect points. Will your coalition win at the end of the season? Exciting prizes await you!

In our first episode of the Inside Egosoft Podcast you can learn more about Multiverse Team Seasons.

Custom Game Start
The new Custom Game Start feature will allow players of X4: Foundations to customise certain starting conditions in the game, within limits that are set in order to maintain game balance. It will be possible, for example, to influence factors such as available starting capital, sectors already explored, and relationships with other factions.

Episode 2 of the Inside Egosoft Podcast includes more details about the Custom Game Start feature.

How do I take part in the Public Beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations has the opportunity to download the new 4.10 beta version. In order to ensure that beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum where they will find both the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions for participating in the beta. Follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.

We would like to thank all our beta testers for their contributions. We hope you enjoy trying out the beta version of the 4.10 update!

>> 4.10 Public Beta 1 - Changelog

[Update 13.45 CEST]
Attention GOG users - due to a problem in the build, we had to temporarily deactivate the 4.10 beta on GOG. We are working on a solution to the problem. Please excuse the inconvenience.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Raevyan
x4

Re: Public Beta of 4.10 now available

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 12:12

You might want to update the title in the beta forum which says „last updated 2021-05-14“. It‘s already June ;)

Sad to see that there are no changes/fixes regarding Xenons. How do you intend to bring them back into games where they went extinct because of the bugs/bad balancing?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 13:07

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 12:12
You might want to update the title in the beta forum which says „last updated 2021-05-14“. It‘s already June ;)

Sad to see that there are no changes/fixes regarding Xenons. How do you intend to bring them back into games where they went extinct because of the bugs/bad balancing?
I doubt they'll make a comeback when they're already extinct...

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 13:24

So is this version of the beta got the gfx engine update in now or is it for later beta versions as was a bit confused in the wording when it said 2 things arnt in yet even tho more than two things were mentioned above that statement.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 13:32

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 12:12
• Improved low attention combat involving multiple capital ships.

This is the key improvement relating to Xenon. We will look into the issue of games where they have gone "extinct" later, but bear in mind that we have to take into account that in some people's games this may be intentional.
Skeeter wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 13:24
So is this version of the beta got the gfx engine update in now or is it for later beta versions as was a bit confused in the wording when it said 2 things arnt in yet even tho more than two things were mentioned above that statement.
The two things that are not in the beta are Multiverse Team Seasons and Custom Game Start, the items with their own headings. So yes, the improvements to graphics asset handling are in.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 13:49

Had a quick go, it used up to 4.2gig out of my 12gig of vram, normal ddr3 ram was up to 11gig. Was ok fps in some office but soon as i was in hanger perf was slower as usual and ud still feel it so dunno if its helped much, not so much as the problem being fps but the frame time usage on afterburner is the issue for slowness/responsiveness. Also i was just standing in hanger and the game froze then went to desktop so guess not stable so gona leave it for now. Not gona use support forums i just wanted to see how far vram would have went up with this really.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 15:01

are tehre screenshots of the "new" argons?
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 15:09

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 13:32
We will look into the issue of games where they have gone "extinct" later, but bear in mind that we have to take into account that in some people's games this may be intentional.
How about making it as special generic mission that spawn huge Xenon force from one of inactive gates and try to takeover the sector?
- would be safe for players who intentionally destroyed their Xenons (e.g. they would avoid that mission).
- would be useful for players who would want Xenons back in their game.
- would be fun for players with big fleets as a challenge (because current "non spawned" universe doesn't give any challenge)
Last edited by mr.WHO on Mon, 14. Jun 21, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

gerudo1164

Post by gerudo1164 » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 15:26

How do you hazardous regions work? My main base is in Tharka's Cascade - may have to avoid downloading this if I don't want my hundred miners to die....

mo_gudu
x4

Re: 4.100 元/

Post by mo_gudu » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 21:05

Hello!
Last edited by mo_gudu on Tue, 15. Jun 21, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 21:21

- Fixed attacking capital ships staying outside weapon range.

Is this primarily dealing with ships that have main guns? Turret based capitals are still incredibly stupid with this patch, flying (Or travel driving if they can) beyond turret range when attacking something, to then attempt to turn around and do the same thing but in the opposite direction. And that is with a 5 star captain.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:37

Before moving on to beta 4.10 I recommend that you retire all ships around the universe and create a save with 4.0.
Then reload with 4.10 and remove the docking orders hoping that all ships acquire the new routes :roll: :roll:
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 00:30

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 15:09

How about making it as special generic mission that spawn huge Xenon force from one of inactive gates and try to takeover the sector?
- would be safe for players who intentionally destroyed their Xenons (e.g. they would avoid that mission).
- would be useful for players who would want Xenons back in their game.
- would be fun for players with big fleets as a challenge (because current "non spawned" universe doesn't give any challenge)
I had a similar thought, then I remembered there was
Spoiler
Show
the scientist from the torus mission that received a copy of the Xenon source code as payment. You could help him send out a signal calling the Xenon to come. Similar to the amplifier the Yaki have. After all, He wanted to study the Xenon. It would be in his interest to have some to study

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 07:27

Didn't play much 4.10 but I love the new Argon models and while haven't done it before the UI changing crew roles remotely is suberb.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 07:44

Panos wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 07:27
Didn't play much 4.10 but I love the new Argon models and while haven't done it before the UI changing crew roles remotely is suberb.
Any screenshots of new Argons?

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 10:35

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 07:44
Panos wrote:
Any screenshots of new Argons?
Here just logged to get one screenshot.
https://i.imgur.com/T9gyU6X.png

Dal Busta is also different with better model.
https://youtu.be/LyxRlZs_a1Q?t=1039

astral4eg
x4

Post by astral4eg » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 08:32

Please add the ability to select the subtitle language and audio language separately.

Thanks.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 08:51

You can already do that. To play, for example, with German voices and English text, just set the game language in the Steam client to German to ensure the German voice files are downloaded. Then set launch parameters in the Steam game properties to -language 44 -voicelanguage 49 to tell it to use English text.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 12:20

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 07:44
Panos wrote:
UI changing crew roles remotely is suberb.??
care to elaborate?
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

CaptainPete
x4

Post by CaptainPete » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 02:11

todays update crashed on me numerous times, and I was hoping graphic updates would stop the map corruption problem I've been running into with my gtx 600ti with 3gb ram seemed to be a little better when I ran it full screen instead of windowed and there was also some significant drawing problems when entering stations and in navigation out of map mode, I gotta wait for the next update now, its pretty much unplayable the way it is now ( at least for me) not even sure if the crash reports were being sent, didn't see the normal webpage come up on exit.

Return to “X4: Foundations”