You could have called me...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jmrc
x4

You could have called me...

Post by jmrc » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 02:09

There was I, going in my business of sending Freighters here and there to bring materials to my shipyard in the PHQ, when suddenly I noticed a large concentration of square dots around it. Somebody hacked my PHQ and sent into space dozens of millions worth of comp substrate, sil carbide, met microllatice, ECs, and a lot more. No alarms, no sirens, no log entry about it, nothing.
In the PHQ I have the best spymaster/puppet master in the galaxy and the most intelligent Boron around and they don't even call me to say what just happened. I'm dispatching all the cargo drones in the vicinity to get back the goods, but I assume most will expire before they get recovered.

Any suggestions/tips about how to prevent this from happening?

grapedog
x4

Re: You could have called me...

Post by grapedog » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 03:41

It may just be coincidental, but in my mid to late game stage, across multiple gamestarts, most of my station hubs have at minimum a single destroyer patrolling the area. And i can't recall those stations ever getting hacked after that point. Perhaps the presence of a warship on duty persuades the SCA to look elsewhere?

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 03:49

Is it necessary to prevent it ?

I played a banished game, and I had a prosperous town with tons of goods in my granaries. Then a tornado spawn a destroyed most of my reserve, killing a quater of the population in the process.

Anyway to prevent it ?

bah, no. It is a kind of money sinker, or a bad event to test to resilience and your capacity of adaption.

Like you said you have been hacked. your alarm had been neutralized, false normal images were displayed of security control screen, at the same time power was shutdown on all your fleet ships.

Is it pleasant ? certainly not, but game on an other hand is easy, so we can afford some bad news from time to time.

If a solution exist to avoid this, just change easy game by very easy game.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 04:46

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 03:41
It may just be coincidental, but in my mid to late game stage, across multiple gamestarts, most of my station hubs have at minimum a single destroyer patrolling the area. And i can't recall those stations ever getting hacked after that point. Perhaps the presence of a warship on duty persuades the SCA to look elsewhere?
I was thinking the same. Usually keep a destroyer in protective stance over stations storing valuable wares and haven’t had this issue.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 05:50

It doesnt really matter in practice. We make so many goods with our factories that its a drop in the bucket.

jmrc
x4

Post by jmrc » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 12:19

Fishille wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 04:46
grapedog wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 03:41
I was thinking the same. Usually keep a destroyer in protective stance over stations storing valuable wares and haven’t had this issue.
That is very interesting. I just diverted my single destroyer near the PHQ to capture a SCA Behemoth in Nopileos Fortune II nearby... I'll put the Phoenix back around the PHQ and check for future hacks. Thks.

dark7np
x4

Post by dark7np » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 13:41

Huh, how common is that? I've never noticed that happening to me...

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 08:10

dark7np wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 13:41
That's the problem, you only notice it if you look closely at your PHQ at the right moment.
Like others said, it doesn't seem to be a huge loss.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 09:32

gorman2040 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 08:10
dark7np wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 13:41
That's the problem, you only notice it if you look closely at your PHQ at the right moment.
Like others said, it doesn't seem to be a huge loss.
It depends. If you try to get 80k adv electronics and the universe is starving on those and you don’t have an oversized production yourself, a hack and loss of several 10k does result in way longer waiting times :)
I had this happen too when I researched mass teleportation. I just parked some rattlesnake next to the hq and killed every SCA destroyer that was coming nearby.

steelman111
x4

Post by steelman111 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 13:01

I heard SCA can do this so I set the fire authorization override for SCA as "ruthless" by default so if any SCA vessel goes near my stations they get blasted to bits by the defences or patrolling vessels before they have the chance to do anything, aint no pirate plundering my stuff. :lol:

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 20:30

steelman111 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 13:01
I heard SCA can do this so I set the fire authorization override for SCA as "ruthless" by default so if any SCA vessel goes near my stations they get blasted to bits by the defences or patrolling vessels before they have the chance to do anything, aint no pirate plundering my stuff. :lol:
If only it was that easy. They use cover mode and shows as a different faction. Their name or ship variant usually looks suspicious though, like ANT Rattlesnake, I didn't know that ANT started buying Rattlesnakes from the Split :D
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 07:06

"Intruder, would you be so kind as to take two steps back so that I can enact the purge protocols?"
--- The Most Intelligent (and only) Boron Around ;)

Still, you would think somebody would notice all the cargo floating around outside and give you a heads up, or at least put in a log entry.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Return to “X4: Foundations”