How did this happen?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fishille
x4

How did this happen?

Post by Fishille » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 16:37

I just started a vanilla Terran cadet start recently. First thing is did was buy docking computer and hire a cheap pilot to handle the ship for me and a spare to have on hand. A few hours into the game I look at my pilot of the starting Kukri… 4 star pilot, what? I know it was only a sub 1 star pilot when I hired for cheap, but how did that happen? I’ve never seen a pilot skill up that fast.

Panos
x4

Re: How did this happen?

Post by Panos » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 18:34

Fishille wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 16:37
I just started a vanilla Terran cadet start recently. First thing is did was buy docking computer and hire a cheap pilot to handle the ship for me and a spare to have on hand. A few hours into the game I look at my pilot of the starting Kukri… 4 star pilot, what? I know it was only a sub 1 star pilot when I hired for cheap, but how did that happen? I’ve never seen a pilot skill up that fast.
If remember correctly the both the Terran and Split starts there is pilot in the starting ship which is 3-4 star.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 19:47

The relief pilot in the ship you are in levels up based on your actions when you are at the controls, I believe. Thus a relief pilot in a ship where you have done a lot of combat can level up pretty fast.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 14:27

Likely due to exploring. Exploring really levels up pilots fast, so fast that I have a new perfect (4+ star) pilot on one of my scout ships. If only there was infinite things to discover...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 18:07

giving your pilot lots of go there, dock here buy this sell that orders makes him level up nicely
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Return to “X4: Foundations”