Does trade for build storage actually work?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

johnglow

Does trade for build storage actually work?

Post by johnglow » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 02:15

The first dock module I built, it seemed to work, then I tried to expand the station with more modules, and it just doesn't work anymore no matter what I do.
Station has plenty of budget, the goods are available in friendly station with satellite coverage. The supply ships I'm using are small and large and have lvl 3 pilots. Station has builder, station has manager,

What else could the problem be? I think I've played with every single setting. Ships are just sitting there "searching for trades"

grapedog
x4

Re: Does trade for build storage actually work?

Post by grapedog » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 02:34

It does work, i used it with no problems only a few days ago. I normally don't use it at all, but sometimes it is useful.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 02:41

Just a curious question are you trying to build Terran modules?
Also do you have active listings of all stations nearby that may actually sell the materials. If you don’t know of any stations with active listings for materials, your ships won’t buy. They only know of trade offers you have active.
Last edited by Fishille on Fri, 11. Jun 21, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 02:41

Have you made sure there are funds for construction and not just in station account? Also, have you set any trade rules that might interfere?
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

johnglow

Post by johnglow » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 02:46

Fishille wrote:
Fri, 11. Jun 21, 02:41
Also do you have active listings of all stations nearby that may actually sell the materials. If you don’t know of any stations with active listings for materials, your ships won’t buy. They only know of trade offers you have active.
the default preferred build method is set to terran

I think i covered the second question. I have satellite coverage of friendly stations with the materials for sale

johnglow

Post by johnglow » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 02:47

Jeraal wrote:
Have you made sure there are funds for construction and not just in station account? Also, have you set any trade rules that might interfere?

Yes. and no, there are no trade rules set up.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 04:01

Fishille wrote:
If it is for the PHQ in Grand Exchange, the NPCs can actually fulfill those requests as GE is 5 jumps from Segaris.... so it is in range of TER space for having building orders filled... but very slowly, and his own ships and manager probably are not high enough to see that far.

johnglow

Post by johnglow » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 17:36

that could be the reason as it seems to get stuck whenever computronic substrate is required

Return to “X4: Foundations”