Drones to Move Wares From Station to Build Storage

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eyeklops
x4

Drones to Move Wares From Station to Build Storage

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:56

On the Egosoft X4 wiki for Station Building and Management it states:

"Cargo Drones:
Used to exchange wares with L and XL ships docked at piers. Additionally if your station stocks any resources required by its build storage, cargo drones are used to transfer wares to the build storage directly.
"

Has anybody got this to work? How?
Wiki link https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... rgoDrones:

BelatedHero
x4

Re: Drones to Move Wares From Station to Build Storage

Post by BelatedHero » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 21:38

I've seen it work in my world, so I know there is some game code there to do it. The station was listed under the Plan Build screen in the resource section as supplying resources. However I can't figure out how to get it to work reliably. I have no proof of these following beliefs, but they are my suspicions. I suspect that the station has to actually produce the good as a final product, not just have the goods in their inventory, and the good can't be used as an input to another module (like energy cells unless only energy cells modules are present). I suspect the station also has to have the goods available to sell to the outside world. So if your inventory is below the sell amount they will not be used. I also suspect the build budget has to have funds to afford buying the goods at the station's sell price. Again, none of those points are validated with proof, but it would match up with the only two times I've seen it work personally.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 22:14

I have seen hull parts and energy cells get transferred to my build storage to perform repairs. It could not have been an outside trade as my build account was set at 0.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 08:40

I've seen E-Cells being moved to build storage several times despite them also being required for higher tier production modules by that station.
1 caveat however, I've only seen it happen for internal logistics such as drones, hardpoint upgrades etc.

For station module construction you can manually create a trade order for a stations own build storage, but you need to do it before you assign construction funds.

Return to “X4: Foundations”